Senior Business Manager
Until 16/12 /2022 with possible extension
Remote/London 2-3 days
· Supporting Chief of Staff and Head of Governance with streamlining and creating efficiencies within the reporting and the governance
· Supporting Chief of Staff and GCIO with managing strategic initiatives in collaboration with the Technology Strategy Team
· Board & Regulatory Governance Planning, Monitoring & Reporting
· Engage with relevant IT ExCo members and senior leaders to prepare Board &Regulatory appropriate papers and material. To lead the preparation of material directly where required. Support the engagement with GCIO, GCOO and Head of Strategic Services to ensure that appropriate approvals and signoff of material are in place.
· Working in partnership with Strategy and COO Teams to ensure that objectives, strategic deliverables and cost targets are met.
· Support (and lead where appropriate), the preparation and signoff of Board, Regulatory and Technology Strategy papers and material.
· Working with the Chief of Staff, Head of IT Governance and relevant IT ExCo members to prepare appropriate papers and materials that support the GCIO. This includes managing leadership communications and cascading where required.
· Work with a variety of stakeholders across functions, levels, and geographies to appropriately and accurately message content of reports and presentations and ensuring alignment with strategy.
· Support adhoc requests from Group and Bankwide stakeholders and lead planning, consulting and thought leadership projects as and when required.
· Support the continuing development, implementation and improvement processes and framework to support compliance to Group and IT Policies and Standards.
· Support and refresh Technology’s performance reporting for the GCIO and monitoring and tracking metrics on a monthly basis.
· Support the Chief of Staff with reviewing and maintaining the GCIO’s scorecard and identification of actions to be taken.
· Support the implementation and execution of the Communications strategy for the GCIO, both internal and external including management of scripts and events
· Support the organisation of DBS IT ExCo meetings, including meeting preparation, governance, support and follow up (actions and activities) as required.
· Support (and lead where appropriate) offsite planning for the IT ExCo. This includes travel approvals and tracking of IT ExCo travel plans to support wider communications and Technology strategy.
· Supports the tracking and management of procurement approvals.
· Supports the tracking and communicating Technology’s Achievements and how this this is shared across the technology organisation
· Support (and lead where appropriate) People and Culture activities and collaborate with HR Business Partner to ensure alignment with Vision 27 and people pillar
· Support the Chief of Staff with the management activities for the GCIO as the team is the responsible for full support of the GCIO and the smooth running of the technology function and vision.
· Flexibility and adaptability – constantly changing priorities and tasks that are potentially highly restricted in nature, unpredictable and wide ranging, complex and time sensitive requires the simultaneous handling of a broad range of issues.
· Stakeholder considerations – the role the highest quality, most succinct output that is suitable for senior executive management and external parties (including regulators) at all times, regardless of pressures
· Staying abreast of external developments in global regulation and competitor activity – Proactive identification of issues and initiation of structured discussions with the key stakeholders across the GCIO, GCOO and DBS communities.
· Sensitivity and trust – engendering a true sense of urgency, pace, community and collaboration across indirectly managed areas across DBS and the wider HSBC business.
· Strategy and planning.
· Good Stakeholder engagement and communication.
· Managing and directing complex engagements.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Strategy and governance experience.