Up to £550 p/d PAYE
London (hybrid working after initial training in the office)
12-month contract from August 2022
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Programme Coordinator
This position is within the Digital Change Demand Management team, responsible for the prioritization process of HSBC’s digital orderbook, leading to the quarterly allocation of eChannel resources. This position is at a unique crossroads between all the businesses of the bank, the Finance teams, IT teams, and Top Management and as such is a great way of being involved in strategic discussions, learning about the growth plan of the various products across the Group, and gaining a wide exposure with Management. The incumbent will work extensively with the Global Head of GLCM Digital, Digital Change Demand Management team, business stakeholders, IT, IT finance as well as with other external entities within the Group.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Manage a selection of high-profile programmes alongside the DCDM team: constant liaison with the business to understand scope of the deliverables as well as funding positions, prioritisation versus rest of the orderbook, negotiation with both business and IT for alignment of resources within the constraints of funding and fixed resourcing capacity
- Coordination with the rest of the DCDM Team: monitoring the progress of the prioritisation process, discussing with team members contentions / challenges, representing the team in front of Top Management and during various forums (Mancos, IPB, escalations.)
- Identify and seek to resolve or escalate where necessary any contention causing a general risk to the delivery, risks to a specific project/programme with regulatory deadline/client commitment/key milestone.
- Understand funding positions and strategic delivery plans of programmes via regular updates with IT finance and attendance to Mancos, feedback the information to DCDM Team and IT
- Involvement in the Hiring plans of the bank: the cross-business knowledge this role requires means this position will be uniquely positioned to be able to inform hiring decisions based on funding information available, likelihood of spend based on quarterly allocations, and visibility on multi-quarter planning of large initiatives.
- Key stakeholder in the IPB (Investment Prioritisation Board) and ATP (Annual Technology Planning)
- Identify and analyse potential opportunities for operating efficiencies as well as to derive optimal use of information available for project management and dissemination of information according to business demands. Current development axis is looking at streamlining the different Prioritisation Processes from other IT teams across the Group to improve the coordination of ITs for specific projects.
- Organisational skills, to be able to handle multi-tasking and evolving priorities to meet as well as challenging deadlines
- Decision-making abilities are essential for this role as it is first and foremost a prioritisation role: equipped with all the data provided by businesses and treated by the DCDM Team, the incumbent will need to demonstrate both firmness and flexibility in the decisions made, always backed by a reasoning that can be demonstrated and justified to business stakeholders and management
- PC skills, experience using power point presentation
- Strong negotiation skills are a must
- Microsoft Excel – strong skills are a must have
- Interpersonal skills, to be able to interact effectively with different teams, from businesses across the bank, to IT finance, IT teams, Wholesale Management, as well as at different level of Seniority, from Juniors coordinating the orderbooks to Top Management asking for reports/updates.
- Analytical skills, the ability to work with large data sets, to interrogate available information and to structure the data for optimal use
- Knowledge of HSBCnet and Connect will be useful
- Work experience from a global perspective within the Group will be valuable
If you think you are up for the task and feel you meet the above criteria or interested to hear more information, please contact me on Amy.email@example.com