Senior Business Analyst
London - Hybrid
£550 PAYE / £714.08 Umbrella per day
5 Month Contract – Likely Extensions
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be for 5 months with a review to be extended.
Summary of Programme / Project:
This role forms part of a high-profile financial risk enhancement Programme which is being jointly delivered by the Risk function and the Wholesale business.
The role holder will be required to validate and test the build of a wholesale stress testing calculator against a prescribed methodology. The role will involve working with members of the Group Risk Analytics team as owners of the methodology and IT developers as builders of the calculator in order to test the proper functioning of the calculator. The roleholder will also contribute to developing the documentation of the calculator and its associated methodology, inputs and outputs. A secondary dimension of the role will be to support the build of an IFRS 9 ECL calculator in a business analyst capacity.
Notes of requirements:
Job title to remain as per HAT:
• Familiar with the regulatory / financial reporting context of stress testing & IFRS 9
• Experienced in working with wholesale portfolio methodologies and, preferably an understanding of model development in stress testing and impairment
• Able to specify scenarios to support functional testing of complex analytical processes and validate the test results
• Comfortable working in with large volumes of data and alongside IT developers. Ideally the candidate will be able to read python script but this is not vital
• Able to a demonstrate a high level of technical expertise and be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
• An independent operator, capable of working with multiple stakeholders proactive in managing deliverables to time.
• A clear communicator both in written and aural capacities
• Good understanding of statistics and familiarity with sophisticated tools for numerical analysis
• Good knowledge of wholesale credit analytics, as well as wholesale credit business and wholesale credit products
• Knowledge of PD, LGD and EAD modelling
• Model governance and controls
• Relevant working experience in a bank, rating agency, consultancy or advisory firm
BUSINESS ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
Creating, defining and designing business and operating models that enable the business to connect and operate effectively to deliver the Group strategy
Using relevant metrics to identify and define the appropriate management processes that meet current and future business needs
Identifying and assessing changes to the target operating model and determining ways in which the impact of these can be mitigated
Collaborating with relevant stakeholders to understand their requirements, test proposed solutions and enable them to effectively manage changes to the business and operating models
Defines Operating Model Architecture
• Challenge business intent in a constructive manner to accurately define requirements and design detailed business solution and structures
• Interpret business drivers, imperatives and vision into multiple, detailed business architecture models; managing the impacts on technology
• Assess business performance against credible variables and define activities to manage the impact of change on the target operating model
• Convert the business model into a detailed operating model, working collaboratively with stakeholders to refine the design
MANAGING CHANGE AND IMPLEMENTATION
Understanding, designing and planning the activities needed to implement change rapidly and successfully delivering desired business outcomes and benefits
Applying a range of timely and effective strategies for articulating impact, and building understanding and commitment to the change in all stakeholder groups
Managing the execution of integrated change and implementation activities to facilitate transition to the new arrangements, whilst minimising business disruption or execution risk
Leading the adoption, embedding and sustaining of the change in a manner which overcomes barriers, embeds new ways of working and delivers the desired benefits
Leads Transformational Change
• Lead the planning of all aspects of transition to the end state, including desired future capabilities and ways of working
• Engage and mobilise stakeholders, sponsors and team around a shared vision, creating enthusiastic change champions with a shared ambition to achieve the desired outcomes
• Lead the transition of staff, customers and the organisation to the future state at scale and pace
• Assess and plan for change impacts and identify resistance to change, ensuring minimal disruption to business as usual, mitigating impacts and addressing challenges, to embed sustainable ways of working
Understanding and mapping out complex processes in order to identify areas for improvement or re-engineering
Gathering and analysing statistical and qualitative data to understand current state processes and model the risks and benefits of potential process changes
Articulating and demonstrating the benefits of change in order to influence stakeholders and gain their support for action
Leading and managing re-engineering programmes, from opportunity identification through to implementation and benefits tracking
Identifies & designs process improvements
• Identifies root cause of broken processes using a range of tools to analyse current state processes and identify improvement opportunities
• Develops creative solutions, considering aspects of risk/reward
• Designs re-engineered processes, based on statistical and qualitative methods to identify improvement areas
• Executes process consulting efforts to realise re-engineering benefits
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
Risk & Compliance Transformation (CT) ensures effective and efficient definition, planning, management and execution of global change programmes related to financial crime risk, supporting the business teams and HSBC to meet its regulatory commitments and covers key areas such as money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption.
Global Transformation Senior Business Analysts shape and lead initiation activities and operating model definition and are at the centre of how Global Transformation delivers and embeds change working with our delivery partners. Primarily, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for managing and executing the analysis activity within one or more of the priority programmes. They will lead multi skilled teams responsible for the Requirements Management, Design, Change Management and Implementation Management activities during project delivery. Senior Business Analysts often act as experts across multiple projects and programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their approach to Requirements Management and other analysis activity.
Senior Business Analyst’s will also oversee Change Management activities spanning from early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g. communications, training, support, organisation alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback. They are also ultimately responsible for Implementation Management, including planning, controlling and reporting on implementation of the change ‘product’, focusing on accelerating benefits and minimising risk during deployment. Implementation activities will also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g. pilot).
Senior Business Analysts will often play a people / team management role within the projects / programmes they work on. As members of the Global Transformation management team, they will also have line or assignment management responsibility for a group of more junior resources within their resource pool (as related to their job family).
Alongside project delivery responsibilities, the Senior Business Analyst will be a member of the Global Transformation management team and may have responsibility for a pool of Business Analysts being accountable for people management, performance management, resource management and professional development. They work closely with the Project Management Office Delivery directors and Practice Head to ensure analyst resources are utilised effectively and resource supply meets upcoming project demand.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Expert knowledge of Global Transformation Change Frameworks, Agile methodologies and best practice techniques
• A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of Global Transformation
• Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
• Very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
• Re-engineering knowledge
• Advanced Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
• Advanced Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
• Proven track record as an outstanding analyst or consultant
• Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
• Extensive experience of using multiple analysis techniques in a change environment, with a mix of business, Operations and technology focused projects
• Experience of business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
• Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact centre, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
• Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
• Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
• Advanced judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
• Experience of managing large teams and resources located remotely
• Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
• Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
• Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and sponsors
• Decision Making
• Achieving Excellence
• Delivery at Pace
• Impactful communication
• Business Analysis & Design
• Business Case and Benefits Realisation
• Change and Implementation Management
• Process Re-engineering
• Planning and Plan Management
• Stakeholder Management
• Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
• Resource and Team Management
• Qualifications and Accreditations
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) - Optional
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - Optional
• Degree in Business Information Systems or a related field – Optional
• Degree in business administration / management / economics, engineering and science - Optional
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub:
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5558/ Curtis.Sharpe@jeffersonwells.co.uk