Category Procurement Manager
£750.00 PAYE / £973.75 Umbrella per day
London or Sheffield or Birmingham (Flexible Hybrid)
Contract till end of 2022
HSBC are currently searching for an ambitious individual to join HSBC as a Software Category Procurement Manager. This role has been created to lead strategy and planning for a Procurement sub-category to deliver competitive advantage for HSBC business through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation. If successful in this position, you will be required to support the Global Category Manager in a specific sub-category area. You will be responsible for developing influential senior level relationships (generally at a level below those held by the Global Category Manager) with designated businesses and functions on behalf of all of the Procurement sub- functions including ownership of both Buying Channel and PSL compliance.
Overall Role Responsibilities:
· Create and continually review of robust and forward-looking category plans that use the full range of supply and demand-side levers
· The role will develop influential senior level relationships (generally at a level below those held by the Global Category Manager) with designated businesses and functions on behalf of all of the Procurement sub- functions including ownership of both Buying Channel and PSL compliance.
· Key to success are advanced skills in analysis/synthesis, category planning and managing and application of a range of commercial models, with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
· The Category Manager will sit on relevant stakeholder committees and positively influence appropriate forums of the businesses/ functions.
· Supporting the creation of sub-category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category.
· Constantly monitoring supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category).
· Seeking alternatives to current category specifications/ demand parameters.
· Continually monitoring buying channel compliance for the business/ function with whom they own the Procurement relationship and driving corrective action as necessary.
- Ensure alignment with all key stakeholders within Procurement and the businesses/ functions on category decisions.
· With the relevant Global Category Manager and businesses, develop and continually review robust, forward-looking category plans based on business and product needs, supply market dynamics, and technological changes in marketplace
Key Experience / Skills:
Experience and skills that are required for this role are as follows:
· Significant experience working within IT Procurement / Sourcing roles
· Significant experience working in Category Management / portfolio defined roles
· Experience in leading large, complex negotiations on software applications and implementation services with key Supplier’s
· Demonstratable ability to deliver a category plan and meeting savings targets
· Understand wide range of licensing applications and negotiating best in class
Please do not hesitate to apply!