Job title – Associate Director, Delivery Lead, ESG
Location – London, Hybrid, 2 office days a week
Rate – PAYE £522.50 / Umbrella £678.38 per day
Start date – ASAP
Contract – 6 months
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an ESG Portfolio Delivery Lead to join their Wholesale Credit & Lending Transformation (WCLT) team. Undertaking a hybrid working role, this contract will be for 6 months with a strong possibility of an extension.
Wholesale Credit & Lending (WCL) is an important contributor to the Group: it supports 80% of the revenues generated by Wholesale banking and forms a key part of the Group-wide transformation.
In 2020 we announced the formation of a WCL Transformation & Delivery organisation, bringing together credit and lending-related transformation programmes across Commercial Banking, Global Banking, Risk Transformation and Digital Business Services.
WCL Transformation & Delivery is responsible for delivering high priority programmes to simplify, digitise at scale and automate the credit and lending journey, as well as supporting the creation of a new, globally consistent credit and lending organisation serving both GB and CMB business lines which collectively build towards our vision of becoming a leader in digitally enabled domestic and cross border lending across network, by improving customer experience generating competitive advantage through use of data and participation in emerging borrowing models.
The ESG Portfolio Delivery Lead role holder within Wholesale Credit & Lending Transformation (WCLT) will be responsible to deliver WCL’s ESG strategic programme to embed climate and ESG considerations into the credit and lending master journey. Working with senior stakeholders across the Bank (GB, CMB, WMR, WCDAO, CAF etc), the role holder will be accountable for transforming the 2e2 operating model to incorporate ESG into origination/sales suitability, credit application and decisioning, documentation and booking through to monitoring and exit criteria including data requirements and enhancements to the control framework. The WCL ESG strategic solution will support business opportunities as well as accurate internal and external reporting. The role holder will report to the Head of Infrastructure, Returns and Regulatory within WCLT.
The Associate Director, Delivery Lead, ESG will primarily be responsible for:
- Developing portfolio roadmap for respective area and execution against that roadmap.
- Manage the project approach and build stakeholder buy in around the project plan, commitments and changes
- Support management of scope schedule, resourcing, dependencies, communications, and budget
- Manage, monitor and report progress, issues, dependencies, risks to portfolio lead, internal stakeholders and steering committees.
- Make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realization.
- Support governance and control activities in line with Business needs and aligned to organisation’s processes.
- Ensure adherence to standard controls and drive teams to achieve compliance and framework, capability management, risk management, security controls and technology architecture design.
- Establish effective governance and control, in line with Business Transformation Framework and coordination of cross technology teams across Global Business and Global Function delivery
Work with the Product Owner to drive improvements in productivity through backlog management, maturity in the use of Agile methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban and Lean, and corresponding management of dependencies
Customers / Stakeholders
Primary customers are:
- Business lines – GBM & CMB
- Functional Teams – e.g. Risk, Group Finance
- Operational support teams
- Group & Regional teams
- Other Risk sub-functions – global and regional
The Delivery Lead will work with senior management and programme sponsors to help plan the programme and will continuously report progress, status and issues to this group.
Other stakeholders on projects will include (as demanded by specific project need):
- Other IT delivery functions
- Other Transformation functions
- Regulatory authorities
- Other service delivery functions
- Data service providers
- Software, data and service vendors
The Delivery Lead will interact equally with senior management of stakeholder groups and line staff as necessary. Governance should be in accordance with Group standards policy and procedures.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Trusted by colleagues and costumers to make balanced, fair decisions
- Proven ability to motivate people to go above & beyond
- Able to adapt behavior in response to feedback
- Contribute to an environment of continuous performance improvement. Building an inclusive culture where diversity of thought and different perspectives are equally valued
- To be flexible and adaptable in an environment of constantly changing priorities, challenging bureaucracy and staying true to the values and strategy of the Group. Drive embedding of new ways of working.
- Working across multiple markets and business/functions with multiple delivery and business partner teams
- Defining the approach and dealing with complex requirements and unique projects – often one off initiatives.
- Management and control of projects to meet exacting timescales.
- Achieve sustainable saves and measurable improvements across the programme as set out in the business case
- The systems and processes involved are often highly technical in nature or require specialist knowledge to fully understand and effectively support the change programme.
- Track record of leading delivery through teams directly and indirectly across local and remote environments
- Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments
- Evidence of managing and satisfying multiple stakeholders and perspectives in a fluid and changing environment
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex transformational initiatives
- Leads and manages the implementation of change to ensure ongoing delivery of business goals
- Plans and manages activities needed to implement change successfully
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group.
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex transformational initiatives.
- Ability to leverage resources available to achieve WCL and business / function goals.
- Ability to make critical decisions and strategically prioritise based on WCL and business / function goals.
- Outstanding organizational, time management and planning skills in order to cope with multiple large-scale responsibilities.
- Collaborative end to end leadership style which enables interdependent outcomes and works across boundaries in an Agile and connected manner
- Problem solving
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Educated to Masters standard
- Evidence of self-development across a number of disciplines
- Proven track record of performance within HSBC
- Strategic Programme Management across different business, function and products within HSBC
- Industry recognized technical certifications i.e. Change Management, Master Black Belt – Six Sigma
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub: -
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5517 / email@example.com