Position: QC Analyst
Location: Maiden Head
Pay Rate: £17.18 Per Hour / Via Umbrella / Inside IR35 / PAYE Available
LOA: 6 Months
The Quality control department ensures that all aspects of the manufacture of products are performed in a controlled manner and meet commitments to regulatory bodies and the requirements of current Good Manufacturing Practice. The laboratory teams work as part of site value streams alongside the business centres to ensure that manufactured products are compliant and fit for purpose.
To ensure that all microbiological and chemistry testing is carried out as required by the GSK specification on all raw materials, bulk intermediates and finished products.
- Recognise when a deviation has occurred and escalate following relevant site process. Actively and constructively participate in investigations, ensuring transparency on all errors.
- Use of SAP as a LIMS system to record and release testing, control material availability and record investigations and comments.
- Carry out sampling of critical site processes including tankers, water systems and other environmental monitoring sampling points.
- Authors investigations (e.g. LIRs, EHS, EMIs and deviations). Accurately and promptly records the defect and escalates to QC Lead Analyst and QC Team Manager, ensures all hypothesis and retesting is appropriately authorized before generating additional results against batches of material.
- Ensures documents associated with own areas of responsibility, such as equipment records, logbooks and laboratory paperwork are current and audit ready at all times. All documents and analytical reports are accurate, clearly laid-out, legible and recorded contemporaneously (at the time of the task). Strives for documentation complexity reduction, automation and paperless ways of working.
- Is responsible for ensuring sustained high standards of maintenance of 5S standards and equipment cleanliness.
- Manage stocks of consumables, chemicals, media and essential testing requirements, ensuring Kanbans are adhered to and maintained, and orders placed to maintain levels.
- Participates and takes a proactive role in daily team meetings. Brings updates on own work and raises issues as they arise before they impact laboratory performance where possible.
Completed BSc or equivalent qualification in chemistry, microbiology or related discipline. Alternatively, will have relevant professional knowledge and experience.
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required
Requires proficient knowledge of either a chromatography technique, UV or IR spectroscopy or microbiology (pour plating and counting, environmental monitoring and filtration, identification).
Minimum of 6 months experience in a laboratory setting is highly preferred.
Why is this Level of Experience Required?
Although not mandatory, this provides a robust starting point for GSK training to rapidly bring the QC Analyst to an operational level.