Job Title: CAMAT Project Manager
Location: London Hybrid 2 – 3 days in office
Contract length: Till Dec
Rate: £500 PAYE
Our client HSBC are currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst – Liquidity Reporting Change to join their team. Undertaking a hybrid working role, this contract will be for 6 months.
The Conduct Approach Monitoring and Tracking Lead role (CAMAT) is responsible for supporting the Conduct, Policy and Whistleblowing (CPW) team in the transition of the Conduct Approach implementation into a Business-as-Usual Monitoring and Tracking approach. This role will ensure that the actions agreed and documented by the 1 & 2LoD across HSBC to align to the Conduct standards set out by the CPW team, are effectively completed. This will ensure that we meet both our Audit and Regulatory commitments as a firm to implementing Conduct standards across HSBC. The CAMAT Lead role reports to the Head of Conduct Governance and Reporting.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct Action Management: Overseeing the tracking and monitoring of the Conduct actions being undertaken by 1st & 2 Lines of Defence 1 & 2LoD) functions to ensure effective alignment of those functions to published Conduct standards and guidance and realisation of the outcomes associated with them.
- Conduct Liaison: Supporting the Conduct team in their liaisons with 1 and 2LoD functions to ensure accuracy and efficacy of action remediation activities conducted by the 1 & 2LoD
- Reporting: Manage / Oversee the production of accurate and timely reporting of the progress to the senior management / governance fora by utilising data from various sources
- Governance: Supporting the Conduct team on leading / managing scheduled Conduct governance fora such as Working Groups etc to ensure appropriate oversight of BAU Closure of 1 & 2LoD actions along with development of appropriate supporting materials for executive level stakeholders
- Leadership & Teamwork: Supporting the wider Conduct team objectives by working effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience of working in Conduct / Regulatory projects within Financial Services industry in project /programme manager capacity is desirable
Certifications, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in financial services in either a 1 or 2LoD capacity.
- Ideally experience in Conduct and Conduct implementations or experience in Compliance / Risk Regulatory project implementations
- Extensive knowledge and experience in managing and analysing data to identify and manage risk.
- Excellent written / drafting skills – the ability to articulate complex issues in plain, succinct English.
- Broad knowledge of the Group’s businesses and structure including knowledge of Lines of Business, Functions and DBS, as the role is required to interact across all LoD.
- Sound communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with senior management.
- Ability to lead change, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and the Functions globally.
- Sound knowledge of good governance, , Project / Programme Management knowledge / experience
- Experience of working within a matrix hierarchy organisation is preferred including reporting internationally
- 2 years’ experience with close action Governance
- Strong stakeholder management and presentation skills experience
- Proactive with reporting to senior manager
- Able to trouble shoot
- Experience Clarity system
Management of Risk
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our stakeholders is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- As global role, the role holder will need to ensure they respond to and anticipate the requirements of stakeholders in relation to conduct BAU Tracking and Monitoring. This will include requirements across multiple jurisdictions and lines of business and functions.
- The role holder should also have a good understanding of legal and regulatory requirements in relation to conduct across the main markets.
- The role holder will need to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and deliver results. They must be able to influence senior management and articulate risks clearly to senior management.
- The role holder is required to work with considerable autonomy, dealing with issues for which there is no clear cut solution whilst still being able to provide judgment and clear direction.
If you are interested then please don’t delay, email firstname.lastname@example.org