Fund Administrator – Accounting & Valuations
Up to £165/ Day
12 Month Contract – likely extensions and strong possibility of a permanent position
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced Senior Fund Administrator and a Junior Funds Administrator to join their team in the Edinburgh office/Hybrid working style, this contract will be for 12 months with a review to be extended.
To support the Manager in the delivery of Investment Administration services within Accounting & Valuations, in particular NAV production to assigned clients within agreed quality, timing, and output targets. Fund Services provides Investment Administration and Performance Consultancy services to Investment Managers and Pension Funds worldwide, including potential services to other parts of the HSBC Group. Fund Services intends to set new quality standards in a competitive environment, to help attract and retain a blue-chip client base. The role involves contact with client's’ staff and other external parties such as auditors and trustees and all such communication must be conducted in a client friendly manner to project a professional image in the marketplace.
- Complete understanding of valuations and fund pricing processes, KPI’s, accruals, specific journals and creation/cancellation processes, compliance/regulatory requirements, the reports required by Statutory Reporting to undertake final stage sign off.
- Complete understanding of daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements (including Fund Manager Recs, I&B powers, Dilution Levy, TER’s, Notional Dealings charges, yields etc) and ensure that they are reported in line with KPI’s.
- The ability to independently resolve any issue and complete in line with KPI’s, deputise on a freestanding basis for GCB5 Manager within OR&C governance guidelines, effectively support and develop lower grade administrators through on the job training, effectively communicate with Account Management and Implementation surrounding client, business as usual and projects
- Participate in the culture of ongoing process enhancements and reviews
- Reviews and signs off training and procedure notes in line with current practices.
- Completed the review of breach and error reporting procedures and reworking to confirm financial impact of errors.
- Processing, admin tasks, compiling packs, focus on ongoing development Nav production and pricing.
- Morning training and admin related tasks in the afternoon.
- Work quite closely within the team, overlapping and working for multiple teams.
- Depending on the task, work independently or act as part of a team responsible for client servicing. They must ensure that all procedures are completed on time and in accordance with current guidelines.
- The jobholder is responsible for ensuring that all preparatory work with regard to Accounting & Pricing is completed, that valuations are produced to deadlines consistent with valuation points and that issues are logged, and queries are followed up, ready for review by the Manager.
- The Jobholder has the authority to sign off valuation reports.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder)
- In depth knowledge & extensive industry experience within Accounting & Valuations including NAV production. Extensive valuation knowledge of varying investment vehicle types including but not limited to OEICs, Unit Trusts, Investment Trusts and Sicavs.
- Proven ability to work independently and to motivate and influence others and to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and clients at senior management level with excellent attention to detail and the ability to second level check the work of team members
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Plan and organize workload to meet deadlines, considering relative priorities. Identify and initiate process improvements. Monitor performance against objectives, through the development of MI and taking corrective action.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
- Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
- Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role and maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub:
Either apply direct! Or please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0161503553