Role – Business Analyst and Project Manager – Market Risk
Rate – £600 PAYE or £779 Umbrella
Location – London/ Hybrid
Duration – 6 months
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. They are currently seeking an experienced individual in the role of Hybrid Business Analyst and Project Manager.
- To provide business analysis skills to document the business deliverables for Traded Risk.
- To have knowledge of credit risk measures such as RWA, PFE, IMM, CVA VAR etc
- To work independently without too much supervision or guidance from PM / Senior BAs in the global teams
- The role will involve working with a Global Risk Transformation Credit Risk Engines team, and the candidate should have
- knowledge of all asset classes including rates, fx, credit and equities products.
- To work under Agile project framework and use of ALM JIRA software for writing Epics/stories
- To support End to End Test execution and demonstrate proficiency in software testing, stakeholder management
- To write test cases, test defect management, good documentation standards under Agile with test evidence and audited
- sign offs.
- To support project management responsibilities from time to time in the preparation of project status reports, identifying
- risks and issues, helping to prepare monthly reporting packs.
- To investigate business queries / problems in relation to trade / static data feeds.
Project Manager and Business Analyst Experience
- Good knowledge and experience of traded risk management gained through project implementation or systems development in an IT or change delivery function.
- Strong problem solving skills, data analysis, basic knowledge of database query and Hands on experience of software and systems testing
- Proven and demonstrable track record in risk business analysis and project delivery under Agile method
- Strong problem solving skills, data analysis, use of MS Office, Visio and basic knowledge of SQL.
- Hands on experience of software and systems testing.
- Attention to details and investigative skills
- Understanding of core project management activities and process, defined under PMI and Prince.
- MS project and PMO tools such as Open Work Bench or similar tools for project management support,
- planning, risks and issues tracking.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills including extensive experience of
- interaction with senior management
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders and presenting complex scenarios using visualisation tools to support decision making.
- Release and UAT experience
Market Risk Domain knowledge
- Understanding of market risk management (sensitivities, VAR, stress testing, ..)
- Knowledge of asset classes and their implications in terms of market risk. Specifically looking for
- experience/exposure in IR /FX / EQ and/or Credit asset classes.
- Asset classes and their implications in terms of market risk.
- Very strong understanding of market risk measures used for risk management.
- Strong business analysis experience in Market risk context
- Exposure to market risk reporting platforms and to risk engines
- Asset Control or equivalent Market Data tool
- Experience of querying aggregation CUBES of very large volumes of market risk measures across multiple dimension
Counterparty Risk Domain knowledge
- Counterparty credit risk and collateral Management practices including understanding of simulation,
- pricing, aggregation and understanding of ISDA documentation
- Understanding of those factors affecting credit risk management, its systems, processes and functions.
- Credit Risk measures (e.g PD/LGD/EEPE/EE/OEM/CEM). & calculation methodology (e.g.
- PFE/VaR/CVA VaR)
- Markets infrastructure, including trading systems and deal flows globally;
- End to end processes relating to trade booking, risk, Finance and Product Control;
- Trade events and how they affect credit risk;
- Credit Risk business processes
Knowledge and Experience:
- IBOR, BASEL III, FRTB regulation or has worked on implementation of equivalent regulations
- Regulatory framework for Central Clearing Counterparties, BCBS Margining requirement on unclear derivatives and Risk Based Margining
- Expert knowledge of Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks, methodologies and best practice techniques
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of Global Transformation
- Understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Business re-engineering knowledge
- Advanced Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
- Advanced Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches