Network Management Associate
London - Hybrid
£440 PAYE / £571.27 Umbrella per day
12 Month Contract
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced Network Management Associate to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be for 12 months with a review to be extended.
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
HSBC’s Network Management & Market Intelligence function (N2MI) is responsible for the recommendation to appoint and the subsequent monitoring of the Group’s network of agents used by all group entities or global businesses.
The N2MI team is split between core Agent Network Management, Strategic Initiatives and Market Information and Analysis. As part of N2MI’s responsibilities we monitor and appoint the HSBC Group’s cash and custody network. This Agent Bank network provides our internal clients throughout the HSBC Group with a high quality, cost effective and competitive service.
The scope of N2MI’s activities is focused on assessing the operational risk, efficiency and appropriateness of the agent.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
• Support of the Network Managers in the management and monitoring of the agent banks.
• Undertaking efficiency checks of agent banks to ensure appropriate service quality is achieved and maintained to the benefit of all external and internal customers. This will be achieved through: -
o The use of SLA’s where possible to benchmark service requirements
o Application of agent bank monitoring mechanisms
o Meetings with operational areas to discuss agent bank operational performance
o Acting as a two-way focal point for issue escalation between internal areas and agent banks
• Making sure that the HSBC Group receives a high quality, competitively priced service from its agents through analysis of fees.
• Ensuring appropriate documentation in in place for each relationship e.g. power of attorneys, fee tariffs, service level agreements.
• Manage cross regional initiatives through co-ordination and project management skills
• Providing on-going technical support and market intelligence to operational areas, global relationship managers, client support teams, and product development areas.
Customers / Stakeholders
• Undertake a wide range of stakeholder engagement and communication. Meeting with operational areas to discuss agent bank operational performance
• Acting as a two-way focal point for serious issue escalation between internal areas and agent banks
• Provision of market and agent bank information
• Assisting with Client RFP / due diligence responses and presentations
Leadership & Teamwork
• Share knowledge, experience and best practices with other team members and promote a collective culture to spread experience & best practice.
• Support Network Managers on due diligences and pricing reviews.
• Managing and tracking cross regional projects / initiatives
Build and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders and operate in an open and transparent way
• Support Team and Management in management of key meetings e.g. Agent Approval Committee
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Conducting all work activity in a highly controlled manner which results in conforming with all external regulations and internal control requirements, as set out by the relevant regulators (including FCA, PRA Singapore, FED, etc.., HSBC’s external auditors, Internal Audit, Group Audit and Group Compliance Department
• Assisting the Network Manager in compiling and maintaining detailed due diligence files and trip notes for inspection by Compliance and auditors
• Ensuring global consistency and accuracy of Client RFP and due diligence responses
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
• Conducting all work activity in a highly controlled manner which results in conforming with all external regulations and internal control requirements, as set out by the relevant regulators, HSBC’s external auditors, Internal Audit, Group Audit and Group Compliance Department
• Ensuring cross region / global consistency when delivering work.
• Control multiple concurrent deliverables that vary in scale and complexity to meet changing objectives.
• The amount of change internally and externally calls for the job holder to be alert and adaptable to developing requirements, whilst also delivering on challenging targets;
• Managing the demands of the multiple and diverse aspects of the role.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
• The Network Management function is organized on a regional basis (with the EMEA NWM team based in London, Americas based in New York and Asia Pacific based in Hong Kong). This role is London based, which covers the agent bank network for countries within the EMEA and Americas regions on behalf of all HSBC entities globally
• Secondary support / liaison between internal clients within the region and Network Management in other regions
• The jobholder is required to work within the Network Management function and follow the policies and procedures of N2MI in managing these risks. This can involve dealing with major issues for which there is no clear-cut solution whilst still being able to provide judgment and clear direction.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
• Is aware of post-settlement processes/functions, and associated controls
• Is aware of or has experience in, assessing the risk associated with using Agent for custody and nostro services
• Is aware of the Operational Risk associated with the custody, settlement and cash processes and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
• Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
• Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
• 2 to 3 years experience in operations, risk, compliance, audit, relationship management or direct custody and clearing where dealing with international cash business, or settlements.
• Strong analytical, control skills, high work standards and attention to detail
• Strong client-facing and written communication skills.
• Flexible attitude
• Ability to work alone and unsupervised, but also to be a strong, contributing team player
• Good planning, assimilation and organisational skills
• Ability to prioritize conflicting demands and problem solve
• Knowledge of Word, Power Point and Excel
• Self-starter and capable of original thought
• Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub: -
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5558/ Curtis.Sharpe@jeffersonwells.co.uk