System Implementation Manager
Canary Wharf 1-2 days per week
Umbrella or PAYE only
• HSBC’s Network Management and Market Intelligence (N2MI) function is a global shared service supporting all line of business with responsibility for risk reviewing and engaging with financial institutions HSBC maintains relationships with (agents) in order to enable or expand services offered to its clients.
• The N2MI team is comprised of the core Network Management function (Network Managers), Management Information and Analysis (MIA), and the Strategic Initiatives Team responsible for driving the change program across the function. Global coverage is provided with staff located in New York, London, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
• Within N2MI there is an on-going change program with a number of initiatives underway to help evolve the N2MI function for the future. There is a heavy focus on moving from manual assessment processes to data-driven ways of working, creating efficiencies and delivering more value-add outcomes.
• The change agenda of N2MI requires strategic planning of new initiatives and global management of change to existing processes, procedures and systems. The role requires gaining an understanding of the business landscape and systems to engage with internal business partners to understand their strategic focus and priorities, and to produce solutions to implement that will meet those requirements and priorities.
• This role entails supporting the Head of Strategic Initiatives with a number of projects and activities under the overall change program.
• Currently the function is in the process of transitioning to a new vendor-provided due diligence and account platform; the role holder will be responsible for helping to execute the transition with a particular focus on successful data migration, user acceptance testing (UAT), and updating processes and procedures in light of the new technology being implemented.
• This role will require an understanding of data – how to migrate it effectively from one system to another; how data can be integrated effectively from different sources of information within the bank; knowledge of and experience building and implementing APIs will be key.
• Primary responsibilities will include:
• Working with internal teams and the vendor to plan and execute data migration from two existing platforms into the new platform successfully and against set deadlines
• Engaging with senior stakeholders across the function and in the business as required, in particular with stakeholders in various countries/jurisdictions to obtain sign-offs on data sharing prior to data migration.
• Drafting new procedures documents, guides, and other materials to enable the function’s transition from using prior platforms to the new platform
• Running training and awareness sessions
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• A self-motivated individual with a proactive attitude and excellent problem-solving skills; ideally someone who is comfortable asking questions, challenging the status quo, engaging with stakeholders to fully understand their requirements, and coming up with ideas and solutions.
• Strong knowledge of and experience in system implementation, data migration, data integration, articulating/conveying UI design requirements, API development, and developing and managing data models.
• Experience in taking initiative to drive solutions through from inception to completion, and embedding in BAU
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to present to and work effectively with senior levels of management.
• Good knowledge and experience of risk management in financial institutions.
• Strong analytical and task management skills.
• Understanding of and experience in business process mapping
• Knowledge of process mapping tools (ideally Casewise).