M&S International operates across over 100 different territories with 470 stores and over 100 websites covering Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
It is an exciting time to join the International Team as it enters the growth phase of the transformation plan. Our key strategic priorities include turbocharging online growth, becoming the largest Clothing & Home international retailer in India, and accelerating our growth markets over the next 3 years. In FP&A, we have a significant role to play in delivering this, by providing inquisitive challenge and decision support across our planning cycles as well as ensuring our strategy and financials are aligned.
This presents an excellent opportunity for a Finance Manager to join the forefront of our growth phase. You will work alongside our owned markets, franchise relationship managers and International finance team, gaining a breadth of knowledge across the International business.
About the role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the monthly forecasting process to provide the International Leadership team with an accurate view of the year, with key responsibilities being
- Creating a clear framework of timelines and what needs to be delivered
- Consolidation and first review of submissions
- Analysis and challenge of submissions
- Identifying further risks and opportunities
- Supporting the Senior Finance Manager with the annual Budget and 3YP processes, ensuring the planning cycles are aligned to the International strategy
- Assisting Franchise relationship managers with the International Business Planning process, challenging Retail sales to ensure they drive our growth agenda
- Lead role in preparation of year-end and half-year Investor Relations materials, focussed on the key drivers and messages underpinning the International performance
- Supporting weekly trading analysis, working with the Franchise relationship managers to understand performance, and assisting with commentary shared with the leadership team
- Taking overall responsibility for International cash flow and working capital forecasting
- Ownership of monthly tracking of total International performance compared to the latest forecast to understand key messages from the month
- Building positive relationships with Finance peers in the International Finance Team as well as the wider International department
- Continuously improving key planning processes
Your skills and experience will include:
- Qualified accountant (ACA /CIMA/ACCA)
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to balance several priorities at one time
- Clear communicator and able to pull together a simple story from seemingly complex information
- Can adapt and thrive in a changing and challenging environment working at pace and urgency
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and commit to continuous improvement
- Strong teammate but also happy to work independently on own initiative
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous FP&A experience preferred but not essential
- Flexible working approach, with a balance of being in the office and working from home
- 33 days holiday + 1 celebration day
- 20% discount on M&S products
- A range of wellbeing support (including free counselling and a virtual GP for you and immediate family)
- 25% off gym memberships, access to online fitness classes and discounts for complementary health services, such as nutrition and lifestyle coaching
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make alternative arrangements for you.