Business Analyst Data Governance
The Compliance function is a Second line of defence (LOD) function, responsible for reviewing and challenging the activities of the Group’s businesses (also referred to as “the First LOD”) to ensure that they effectively manage as “Risk Owners” the Regulatory and Financial Crime Compliance risks inherent in or arising from the conduct of their activities and for which they are responsible. The Second LOD consists of 'Risk Stewards' who are independent of the commercial risk-taking activities undertaken by the First LOD. The Compliance function is a Risk Steward for a number of non-financial risks in accordance with HSBC Group’s risk framework.
The Risk & Compliance function plays a role in enabling the efficient and effective running of Compliance by serving as trusted partners to the Chief Compliance Officers and other Group Capabilities.
The Product Management team ensures that essential systems and data are available to enable Compliance to conduct effective and efficient investigations and analytics. The team is proactive and future-looking, shaping financial crime technology and promoting its adoption across Compliance.
The role holder will be responsible for supporting the Senior Product Owner in Data Governance activity for the initiative. This will require close and productive working relationships with the Data Access, Sharing and Privacy team, in country business and Legal and Compliance stakeholders.
The role may require occasional nationwide travel.
• Strong Business Analysis / Project Management experience in a complex global environment, preferably within the financial services industry
• Business analysis, requirements gathering experience and conducting design activity, with a mix of business, operations and technology focused products/ projects
• Knowledge of Data Privacy and Data Sharing governance
• Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
• Knowledge of the Google Cloud Platform desirable
• Knowledge of Machine Learning development cycles desirable
• Jira and Confluence experience desirable
• ability in using agile methodology and nurturing talent
• Knowledge of KYC and transaction monitoring processes desirable
• Investigative and/or intelligence experience covering a wide range of financial crime threat areas, including management desirable.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical matters effectively with senior leaders in Compliance and business sponsors.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail.
• Highly motivated self-starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within teams and to deliver on time.
• Ability to rapidly develop matter expertise in a range of technical and non-technical areas.
• A personal and professional interest in security, intelligence and technology.
• decision making and problem solving ability.
• Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems.
• Ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective.
• Ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors.
• Ability to work with IT, analytics and transformation teams to deliver on tight schedules.
• Business Analysis & Design
• Achieving Excellence
• Delivery at Pace
• Impactful communication
• Strong attention to detail
• Business Case and Benefits Realisation
• Change and Implementation Management
• Stakeholder Management
• Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
• Process Re-engineering