Role – MSS UK DCC Settlements Officer
Rate – £192.50 [PAYE] / £249.93 [Umbrella]
Location – 8 Canada Square / Remote [3 days at home]
Duration – 12 months
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. They are currently seeking an experienced individual in the role of MSS UK DCC Settlements Officer.
The job holder will be a key role in providing a high-quality customer service within MSS UK Direct Custody and Clearing Settlements, by processing and facilitating efficient Collective Investment Scheme client account opening requests with Fund Managers/Transfer Agents of varying complexities, in accordance with Group and MSS policies and procedures and within agreed timescales.
The jobholder is also required to respond to all queries received in a professional, accurate, informative manner and within prescribed deadlines, also supporting colleagues in achieving these aims.
In addition, the jobholder is to contribute to the profitability and growth of the MSS client base by delivering an excellent client service experience and striving to enhance existing institutional relationships through improved service and developing a service model and reputation that also attracts new business.
- Improve client perception of the MSS UK Direct Custody and Clearing Settlements service proposition by ensuring that all work is processed accurately, efficiently and in accordance with Group and MSS policies and procedures, and within the prescribed timescales.
- Maintain the highest standards of operational integrity.
- Respond to all queries received from both internal and external clients in a professional, accurate, informative and timely manner. Where complex issues arise, the jobholder is to escalate these to the line manager for guidance.
- Ensure that MSS UK Direct Custody and Clearing Settlements develops and consistently maintains a premier quality reputation, both internally and externally.
- Proactively keep abreast of and apply knowledge/learnings of the internal/external policies, procedures and processes associated to the jobholder’s role.
- Proactively keep abreast of and apply knowledge/learnings of the securities market and associated market infrastructure.
- Proactively support colleagues in achieving team/business aims.
- Develop and maintain relationships and internal reporting to support processing efficiencies, improved client service and/or reduced operational/client risk
- Ensure all mandatory reading/training requirements are completed within the prescribed timescales.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven knowledge of the securities industry and global market infrastructure
- Proven detailed knowledge and practical experience of:
UK Settlements – Collective Investment Schemes & Residual instruments
- Proven knowledge and utilisation of all core and associated settlement systems
- Proven communication skills- written & verbal
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Proven client focus approach
- Proven ability to work quickly and accurately in a pressurised environment, and manage priorities effectively
- Proven planning & organisation skills
- Proven attention to detail
- Proven ability to take initiative
- Proven appreciation of operational risk management
- Proven knowledge and understanding of all Group and MSS policies and procedures associated to team processes
- Strong team work ethic