Lead Risk Analyst
£420 PAYE / £545.30 Umbrella per day
6 Month Contract
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced Lead Risk Analyst to join their team. This contract will be for 6 months with a review to be extended.
One of the HSBC group brands is going through a transformation of its Digital journeys and capabilities, leading for HSBC group as the challenger- this is one of the groups key strategic initiatives. As part of this, Credit risk support is essential to drive forward initiatives that will enable sustainable growth. The role is to support the delivery of the transformation project enhancements for HSBC group. This will involve analysing impacts across a wide range of areas including, eligibility checkers, progressive on-boarding, pre-approvals, credit strategy build and credit limits to name a few, to support with the optimisation of risk vs reward. The project will involve working very closely with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders, ensuring the proposed impacts are in line with expectations, and optimising customer decisions. The proposed strategy changes resulting from this analysis will need to be impact assessed across multiple lenses, credit risk, decisions and also needs met. The role will also involve engagement across stakeholders outside credit risk, and in particular Digital and Architecture teams. The individual will need to have a detailed knowledge of credit risk, delivery and implementation of new decisioning systems and end to end testing.
The Lead Risk Analyst role is based within Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) Retail Credit Risk.
The role of the Lead Risk Analyst is to independently analyse, interpret or model data from a variety of sources to provide analytical solutions to complex business problems. You will be expected to work to a plan and results must be provided in a timely and accurate manner. You will be required to clearly communicate progress and issues to stakeholders, and to formulate conclusions, communicate the impacts of your work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop, maintain and improve credit risk strategies to manage decisions throughout the credit lifecycle
- Provide analyses to manage credit portfolios against agreed performance indicators
- Work on a range of analytical projects with minimal guidance
- Delivering complex and, or basic objectives simultaneously, using own initiative, to the benefit of all relevant parties, whilst also taking on and delivering additional ad-hoc objectives as required.
- Taking a lead in briefings for team members, stakeholders on progress of work, sharing knowledge, successes and opportunities. Communicating confidently with junior team members, stakeholders and peers.
- Identifying solutions to emerging risk issues, changing priorities, project completion issues and areas of conflict.
- Challenging established policy and procedures, where appropriate and suggesting alternatives.
- Maintaining compliance with regulatory and documentary requirements
- Drawing, formulating and communicating conclusions from own work, recommending further actions where required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of retail products, such as current accounts, credit cards, loans or mortgages.
- Experience working in relevant environments, i.e. Credit, Risk Analytics.
- Experience working in relevant market, context, i.e. Retail Banking.
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. educated to degree level in a numerate subject.
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Risk Analytics.
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. SAS, SQL, Microsoft Office. Experience of using the following is desirable, Python, Matrix Laboratory (MATLAB), Cobra, Visual Basic.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way.
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same.
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals.
- Planned projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Proven experience of successful project management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery.
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub: -
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5558/ Curtis.Sharpe@jeffersonwells.co.uk