This role may be site or centrally based and will provide technical analysis and development of solutions in support of the Manufacturing processes and will manage the deployment, testing, validation, performance, operations and continuous support and improvement of all Technical, Engineering and Manufacturing applications within each Manufacturing Excellence and Quality and Lab Product team. This role requires a balance of business process understanding and technical breadth and an ability to operate in a flexible and agile way to drive efficiency and improvements to the Manufacturing, Technical, Engineering and Quality and Lab Products. The role has increased complexity of geographies, user bases (internal and external to GSK) and a large mix of technology and business process understanding.
- Well-developed analytical and problemsolving skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong relationship building and team working skills
- High learning agility - ability to learn and adapt to new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with a good understanding of manufacturing principles and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Good knowledge and understanding of IT systems and how they apply to supported business areas.
- Knowledge of systems/software development methodologies and system architectures
- Good communications in English, sufficiency to build and maintain organizational support
- Experience in support and / or development of IT systems
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to plan own work to meet objectives, and to work independently.
- Knowledge of MS Windows Operating Systems, MS SQL Server Databases
- Participates in the development and delivery of platform / product strategy
- Participates in the delivery of major platform deployments / expansion
- Participates in the development of new products / features / fixes / technical solutions
- Provision of 2nd and 3rd line support for Manufacturing Excellence Products
- Manages the interactions with innovation teams and the communication / inclusion of the sites
- Identification of opportunities to improve products, systems, interfaces, business processes and performance by effectively exploiting technology to meet business objectives.
- Ensures continuity of business execution through ensuring applications within Manufacturing Excellence
- Fit for purpose (e.g. easy to use and reliable) and support the evolving business processes
- Are cost effective – Total cost of ownership is at an optimal level
- Meets an agreed Risk Profile (e.g. aging of technologies, controlled regarding regulated applications, aligned with business continuity).
- Participates in troubleshooting applications across multiple technology domains, products and business areas.
This role would suit a driven and motivated individual who has strong experience of working in a complex operational environment. Strong people-management skills and experience, as well as a proven ability to drive performance, are considered essential. It is imperative in this role that you demonstrate an ability to drive common-objective thinking, with a complete focus on providing solutions. You will need to be persuasive, have a strong continuous improvement mindset, and have proven experience of dealing with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups. Ideally you will have worked in a highly regulated-industry (experience of the provision of complex facilities support services to a large office or pharmaceutical facility would be highly advantageous).
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
GSK’s Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) deliver the right space in the right location, and at the right cost, with industry competitive and customer focused services. The organisation oversees and operates circa 16 million square feet of space with a population of over 28,000 GSK and other staff, including all pharmaceutical and consumer health R&D laboratories and pilot plants, as well as commercial office accommodation for all GSK business units. This portfolio of property currently requires an annual spend of more than £450m in operating costs and £200m in capital investment.