Reporting to Global Director, Commercial Ops & Strategy, the Respiratory Operations Director supports the effective working of the Global Respiratory TA and the development of Global Respiratory TA strategies by:
- Leading operations support for the coordination, tracking, monitoring of activities and deliverables for the TA
- Leading integration of input, data, pending actions and deliverables across Global Medicine commercialisation
- Leaders/Teams, Medical teams, Platform partners, Finance, GMS, R&D Portfolio Management and LOCs.
- Leads the development and implementation of Global Respiratory TA business performance metrics (commercial and medical) to translate the Respiratory TA business strategy into deliverables that can be measured and managed by the LT
- Leads the tracking and monitoring of Global Respiratory TA calendar, activities, action plans and deliverables and ensures complete and timely preparation of Respiratory TA materials for governance or key business reviews
- Supports Global Director of Operations & Strategy in the development of Global Respiratory TA business strategy, objectives, business plan and responsible for coordinating with Finance, Platforms, Medical and R&D as required
- Secretary to assigned Respiratory meetings and accountable for coordination of agendas, actions, decisions, presentations, communications
- Leads the coordination of logistics, materials, information with R&D Portfolio Management, Medical, Finance, Supply Chain partners and TA LOCs
- Embeds consistent and compliant ways of working within Global Respiratory TA across Medicine teams and Early Assets team for core business processes
- Collaborate with relevant Global Operations Directors to compile Global Respiratory TA performance metrics, dashboards, calendars, actions, decisions required in preparation for and following up from Global Respiratory TA Leadership Team meetings, decisions and actions
- Lead the training, compliance and governance requirements for Global Respiratory TA and act as the point person for the TA for audits, ensuring key content is provided, findings shared, and appropriate process improvement implemented
- Project manages assigned strategic change and process improvements to ensure that they are well implemented and embedded within Respiratory TA. May be accountable for a more complex plans within the Respiratory TA.
- Drives continuous business improvement across the Respiratory TA, for example by leading After Action Reviews or Acts as role model for Effective Team Working/ADP principles, able to coach matrix team members in use
Knowledge & Application:
- This role requires the application of highly developed leadership, networking, pro-active communication and influencing and stakeholder management skills to work effectively in a complex matrix environment. Thecandidate must operate at a high level of autonomy and know when, and is able to, network and consultextensively across the business.
- The role will ensure delivery of effective, efficient business operations, complex project management, riskmitigation and drive continual business improvement across the Respiratory TA.
- Leadership and expertise within Project Management, with in depth expertise of and complex operational planning will be used to ensure efficient and effective business processes within the Respiratory TA and largerdrug development process
Skills & Experience:
- Considerable experience & leadership in operations and project management orconsultancy – primarily Region or Global typeprogrammes or projects
- Experience in Pharmaceutical industry in Commercial and / or Medical Affairs
- Above country experience required
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?