Working within the GSK UK Pharma Multi-Channel Marketing and Commercial Effectiveness Directorate, the role will assist in the delivery of Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE) programs and projects to achieve key business objectives including:
Sales force effectiveness benchmarking, activity planning, sizing/structure and KPI reporting
- Drive efficiencies and process improvement across SFE by automating standardised tasks and upskilling end users in self-service data provision.
- Data warehouse management: curating internal data sets and making the best use of third-party data sets
- Supporting bonus calculation and CRM data configuration.
This role will report into the Sales Force Effectiveness Manager and will play a key role in supporting the directorate vision of accelerating data driven multi-channel marketing, sales and commercial excellence.
- Handling queries from Sales and Marketing teams relating to the Business Information systems or data contained within.
- Providing analytical support and managing specific processes relating to SFE projects
- Provide support in the deployment / and ongoing business requirements for Business Information systems (including QlikView and Power BI). This will require communication and co-ordination with both local commercial teams and global strategic teams
- Managing or supporting ad-hoc projects and requests for sales and activity data, in a timely manner. Deep dive into issue resolution when necessary. Supporting move to self-serve insights model by improving accessibility of PowerBI reports and upskilling commercial teams.
- Support the delivery of technical data projects.
- Managing GDPR requests & working with third parties to optimize approach for privacy (GDPR) related requests
- Supporting the data validation of sales force bonus and incentive programs, adhering to timelines and Global processes
- Supporting the Data Manager in maintaining the quality of data within the local database and any data feeds as required
- Acting as a CRM Data Steward for the configuration of Veeva and maintenance of the quality of the data within Veeva (in conjunction with the CRM Data Analyst)
- Back-up cover & support to the CRM (Veeva) Data Analyst when required, – including day to day incident management system [ Remedy] within agreed SLA timelines and working with third party suppliers
- Degree level qualification
- Aptitude for programming and logical thinking (SQL programming knowledge preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills essential
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Possess good attention to detail
- Organised and logical approach to problem solving
- Working effectively as part of a team, taking accountability for own actions and tasks, whilst communicating with others
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently
- Prioritise workload to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Possess strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and stakeholders across varying levels of seniority who may be based outside the UK
- Experience of modern BI tool such as Power BI/Qlikview
- Experience of Spark or Python
- Experience of CRM systems/Veeva
- Project co-ordination
- Experience of process improvement/mapping
Why level of Experience is Required
Preferred candidate is an experienced contractor in the industry and/or this space who can get up to speed quickly and bring their experience to the table. Alternatively, we would consider a Maths/life sciences/economics/computer science degree graduate, with 2 or more years of applied analytical/data science experience. who can demonstrate logical thinking and a high level of attention to detail. The role will be well supported by the SFE team, however will be expected to lead and deliver on their own projects. The role will provide support to both the Data Manager and CRM Analyst as required.
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer https://www.youtube.com/user/gskvision/
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH? http://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/meet-our-people/