Engineering Technician: Electrical and Instrument
To provide support for all electrical and instrumentation issues on site ensuring that site performance targets for safety, quality and delivery are met.
This will involve carrying out planned preventative maintenance, dealing with breakdowns and providing support to investigations and improvement initiatives.
- Carryout planned preventative maintenance routines across the site.
- Make recommendations for improvements on plant, equipment and processes.
- Resolution of problems to Root Cause
- Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Use SAP/ MERPS to capture and monitor maintenance trends.
- Indentify critical spares and add to stores stock and develop equipment BOM's.
- Provide electrical & instrumentation support to projects.
- Perform electrical isolations for yourself and others as identified in the site LOTO procedure.
- Co-ordinate contractors & accept permits
- Apply 5s methodology to achieve good housekeeping standards.
Minimum Level of Education
- Served a recognised apprenticeship in relevant to trade and ONC/HNC or equivalent NVQ’s
- Area of Specialisation* Instrumentation & Electrical Engineering
- Must have served a recognised apprenticeship Instrumentation or Electrical engineering and education to City & Guilds standard (typically 4 years) or equivalent accompanied by NVQ Level 3 if appropriate.
- Experience of maintaining Instrumentation & Electrical plant & equipment.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory standards and maintenance best practice.
- Understands instrumentation & electrical schematics, process flow diagrams and Engineering Line Diagrams.
- Experience of working with process and processing systems including hazardous area.
- I.T. Skills
- Customer focused team player with broad knowledge of Instrumentation and electrical systems.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Organisational skills; practical/methodical/forward thinking
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer https://www.youtube.com/user/gskvision/
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH? http://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/meet-our-people/