Financial Controller (Corporate Entities)
GSK House, Brentford
4 Month Contract
Pay: up to £550 per day
- Controllership, ownership and governance over the UK and US Corporate entities including income statement, balance sheet reporting, process improvement and interactions with external auditors including the year end audits.
- Principal leader and finance partner for all Corporate entity accounting and technical issues related to acquisitions, divestments and other activities as they arise, managing key senior stakeholders, including the Group Controller on the accounting implications.
- Manage compliance with the SARBOX process for all corporate entity accounting processes to ensure adherence to GSK’s Internal Control Framework.
- Financial Controller for 8 UK (Major) and smaller Corporate entities including governance over income statement and balance sheet reporting, delivery of process improvement and coordination of external auditor interaction.
- Analytical review of key Corporate entities and investigation of variances and unusual balances to ensure transactions recorded are appropriate and accurate.
- Experience of working with fixed assets and delivering process improvements to the annual cycles.
- Apply judgement and decision making skills on complex transactions and provide confirmation to the Group Controller Teams of the accounting including but not limited to - mergers, acquisitions and divestments, impairments and restructures.
- Support the preparation of the entity statutory accounts (including analysis of variances) to ensure the accounts are fair and reasonable, including performance of final reviews and approval for the accounts to be signed and filed.
- Review and approve tax returns, including VAT and disclosures in conjunction with the Group tax team.
- Lead the review of partially or fully dormant Corporate entities to simplify the entity structure. Work with Group Tax to understand the impact of liquidating entities, make proposals to the Director Corporate Specialist Accounting to liquidate entities and oversee the liquidation process and completion.
- Review and sign off the analysis and reporting of exchange gains and losses for the Corporate entities.
- Review and approve proposals to impair or revalue assets, specifically the review of intangible assets for impairment and estimated useful lives in conjunction with the responsible owners.
- Review and approve accounting judgements, including provisions in conjunction with the commercial business and Corporate teams.
- Monitor distributable reserves and work with Corporate Tax and External Reporting Teams to manage the payment of internal dividends.
- Ensure all existing GSK policies on controls are being followed and appropriate governance forums are set up.
- Educated to degree level
- Member of Professional Finance Institute or equivalent qualification: ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
- Extensive experience in Financial Reporting and/or an Audit Firm
- Demonstrable relevant experience of Financial Reporting and Control in a large multi-national organisation with a highly complex matrix environment, ideally including experience of multi-national group consolidations, ideally with IFRS.
- Knowledge and experience of the Internal Control Framework including Sarbanes Oxley.
- High degree of technical competence in Financial Accounting/consolidation principles.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritise multiple demands with varying degrees of complexity and apply project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and effective influencing skills.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.