Service specialist role to support, improve and embed service management best practices and processes across a business organisation.
The role will be evaluating performance of business services, facilitating and establishing governance boards, driving problem solving, executing vendor management processes, owning and maintaining standard service management processes, maintaining documentation and driving continuous improvement across Trade Compliance business services.
This role requires deeper understanding of service management processes and principles in order to apply these concepts to a business environment thus requiring critical thinking with experience in embedding service culture.
Technically experienced in problem solving, trend analysis, driving continuous improvement across all levels of business and seniority. Experience in process modelling, embedding and evaluating compliance of the standards.
• Delivering best practice on service management processes and principles across business services.
• Embed standard service processes e.g. risk, change, access, incident, problem management etc. with relevant governance and training.
• Driving problem solving across business services through use of standard problem management tools and techniques from problem identification through to resolution.
• Support business services to drive performance by analyzing data, gathering recommendations and business process to deliver drive efficiency across service.
• Establish and embed service process improvements with degree of automation where applicable to increase operational efficiency.
• Analyzing business service performance through design and delivery of key performance indicators and reporting across business services.
• Facilitate governance boards to drive accountability on risks, changes, projects, problems etc. to enhance business service performance.
• Produce service metrics working with services and compile into monthly reports for distribution and escalation, identifying trends, patterns and improvements using data
• To maintain and create service documentation along with its procedures and guidelines.
• Execute and improve vendor management process across the business.
• Active team member working across the matrix organization, supporting the Service Management Office within Service Excellence team and business services.
• Active participation in regular service performance meetings, team meetings, coaching & guiding to drive improvement
Previous Experience required:
- Experience working in a Service environment and associated processes to drive improvements to ways of working through service management standards.
- Being able to understand and map business processes to allow for the creation of alternative solutions including automation.
- To identify and tackle business problems.
- Communication skills are required as clear articulation of the problem, steps to resolve and what is help is required happens at all levels of the organization, including to the SVP level.
- Experience working in a service management environment and knowledge of service management processes, e.g. risk management, change management, problem management etc.
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyze data, trends and produce reports.
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to understand, map and identify improvements to processes
- Ability to identify and optimise processes using simplification and automation techniques.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication and people skills
- Ability to produce persuasive and concise documents
- Ability to work off own initiative and comfortable with delegated responsibility
- Ability to work within a team
Skills & Competencies:
• ITIL Service Foundations or relevant service management experience
• Problem solving and risk management
• Business process modelling
• Service Performance analysis using trends.
• Experience in using sharepoint
• Experience in using data analytic reporting tools e.g. Excel, QlikView, PowerBI etc.
• Designing analytics reports and impactful communications (e.g. infographics)
• MS Excel knowledge
• Strong customer focus
• Ability to understand, map and identify improvements to processes
• Ability to identify and optimise processes using simplification and automation techniques
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Good written and verbal communication and people skills
• Ability to produce persuasive and concise documents
• Ability to work off own initiative and comfortable with delegated responsibility
• Ability to work within a team
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?