Data Specialist: Governance
This role will take the lead on information management and data governance transformation programmes from initial inception and POC work at a client engagement level through to leading engineering and delivery teams to deliver £multi-million programmes of work.
- Facilitate the information governance board members in determining scope and goals of the effort
- Provide entire data governance and management framework and implement it with business and technology stakeholders for every system and tool
- Identify data sources per application and be the single holder of all data sourcing information from approval to archiving and purging.
- Craft a communication plan and message that the sponsor/champion can deliver to other key executives and downward through the organization
- Lead the information governance board member meetings, setting priorities and resolving conflicts
- Sign off, approve, and/or set the primary benchmarks and targets to which the information governance program will be held accountable for
- Review and analyze available reporting/data regarding the state of conformance of information assets to policy, with the goal of providing status updates and communicating progress and benefits to the leadership of the enterprise
Relationships/Interfaces with Other Roles
- Governance manager may interface with all other information governance roles, but mainly interacts directly with the board members in the activities noted above. Specific interface points include:
- Domain Leaders (Supply Chain, Mfg. and Q&L) — Influence the overall culture of the organization by aligning the leadership team in its understanding of the importance of information governance practices and supporting execution of the program
- Information governance board members — Facilitate, mentor and guide their work on scope setting, policy development and policy refinement
- Information stewards — Take feedback, remove bottlenecks and provide ongoing motivation to keep a sustained focus on the operational aspects of information governance
- To understand Information governance programme, set of already existing reports and creation of new aligning to suitability for the defined governance programme.
- GSK Standard tools used to drive metrics for governance program, ensuring GSK defined policies are adhered, reflected visually on dashboards and significant emphasis on overall data quality, ensuring data trust worthiness.
- As the highest-level face of the initiative, the Governance Manager skill set is mostly leadership-oriented in nature. The key attributes and skills of this role include:
- Governance Leadership skills— recognized and respected leader with a broad view of the enterprise
- Clear understanding and support of the enterprise's strategic goals and objectives
- Clear understanding of how information influences the behaviour of their specific business function (Example: Supply Chain, Mfg. and Quality and Labs), as well as the corporate objectives and metrics
- Strong communication skills used to influence all members of the enterprise to support and engage with the principles of information governance and goals of the effort
- Leadership abilities to inspire and guide all roles involved in the information governance program, as well as all constituents whom the program will touch in any manner
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity