Supply Chain Planner (Pharma, Therapy)
GSK House, Brentford
4-5 Month Contract
Pay: up to £235 per day
GSK is transforming its Supply Chain to align with best in class performance.
To achieve this, the organisation will be required to deliver an integrated end to end Supply Chain, aligned to the business objectives.
Planning 2.0 defines a new organisational structure to streamline the current fragmented Supply Chain. This brings a new Central Planning organisation, aligned to a new Regional Hub structure, that is tailored to the business priorities set by Commercial.
The purpose of this role is to act as a supply chain lead within a region or market, understanding specific market dynamics and intelligence. He/she will also manage product lifecycle change activities within a region to support the franchise planning team for supply continuity. The role will be the key interface to the customer supply chain (CSC) organisation to communicate supply performance and service delivery and represent the franchise planning team to deliver regional improvement projects within the LOC / region in optimising service, cost and cash.
Therapy Supply Chain manager will be franchise aligned and plays the key role that interface among e2e planning team, market supply chain team and market team.
Market / Region engagement
- Represent Pharma Supply Planning into commercial organization (be the one face of Global supply to the market)
- Be the local support for regional issues with CS&L and / or Pharma Logistics, resolving constraints and delays into market
- Ensure alignment of product allocation for markets with demand manager’s forecasting volume expectation.
- Represent region in crisis meetings (including LIC, PIRC and product recall) and co-ordinate the regional response to critical supply issues.
- Work with market on stock build requirement.
- (as required), be the main contact, representing planning team to CSC team in the market/region.
E2E planning team engagement
- Represents Market/Cluster into the SC planning organisation for monthly net requirement changes by therapy (Central planning team) and product allocation (as required).
- Engage with Central Planning to prepare the Pharma Supply response as input to the Regional S&OP for Global products.
- Participate in Weekly Site Review Meeting (coordinate response to supply challenges, including impact in the region).
Continuous supply into market
- Investigates & identifies local stock issues & feeds to SC planners for resolution (e.g. market temperature deviation, artwork issue)
- Co-ordinate market stock out meetings with commercial teams as required
- Identify Regional inventory optimisation opportunities including Stock at Risk and support their execution in collaboration with the Central Planning team.
- Supports and work with CSC team in reporting, analysis, root causing of supply and service KPIs.
Product lifecycle management
- Lead and drive market’s product life cycle management with cross functional team in markets and planning team
– Product transfer
– Product discontinuation
- Will be responsible for active Process Ownership of one or more of the identified processes for the Region and continue to drive continuous improvement, identify and deliver training.
- Degree level or equivalent in an appropriate business or technical area.
- Preferably APICs or other Supply Chain equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated leadership skills including project management capability
- Demonstrated effective communications skills both written and oral coupled with the ability to tailor to any one of a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrated soft skills in effectively delivering projects in a matrix environment, ability to influence and effectively progress/chase specific issues
- Regional understanding – experience of working with commercial sales and marketing teams particularly in a pharma or other highly regulated environment would be advantageous
- High levels of personal energy and self-motivator
- A focus on output, content and delivery
- Strong analytical skills
- An ability to map out and understand complex highly interdependent issues
- Business acumen
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.