Senior Content Manager – Performance
• Understanding of the power of imagery and video for digital storytelling, with significant experience producing this content for internal and external audiences
• Understanding of internal and external digital channels, including social media channels, and how they can be leveraged to deliver as part of a multichannel digital content strategy
• Experience managing and editing digital channels with high levels of reach
• Significant experience in creation of content strategy and calendars for global corporate activity
• Knowledge and experience of content management systems, web design, accessibility and UX; it would be desirable if this experience had been gained on a corporate web channel
• Knowledge and experience of applying digital insights to set targets for and constantly improve content and campaigns
• Strong leader with experience in communications and/or marketing roles
• First class writing, editing and visual storytelling skills
• Strong project management and budget management skills
• Pharmaceutical industry background would be highly beneficial
• Experience of corporate and financial communications is desirable, but not essential
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. Everyone at GSK is focused on 3 priorities – Innovation, Performance, Trust. Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Our Pharmaceuticals business has a broad portfolio of innovative and established medicines with leadership positions in respiratory and HIV. We are strengthening our pipeline through a focus on science related to the immune system, human genetics and advanced technologies
We are the leading vaccines company in the world, delivering over 2 million vaccine doses every day to people living in over 150 countries. Our portfolio helps protect people throughout their lives. We have recently introduced breakthrough vaccines for shingles and meningitis B.
Our Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets a portfolio of globally recognised consumer-preferred and expert-recommended brands including Sensodyne, parodontax, Poligrip, Voltaren, Panadol, Otrivin and Theraflu.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
As a global healthcare company, we have a significant digital footprint. The majority of our 100,000 colleagues and more than 1.5 million people externally interact with GSK content through our digital channels every week.
Global content for our corporate channels is managed by the Global Digital Communications team, comprising around 15 people working across channels, insights and content.
Over the last few years, significant progress has been made to build our expertise in digital communications both within our team and across the Communications and Government Affairs (CGA) function. We are also working to better co-ordinate and leverage internal and external digital activity. This is helping deliver the CGA strategy through better listening and analysis and more impactful engagement with external and internal audiences to tell the GSK story through digital channels and content. The role of Senior Content Manager will build on this work and is crucial to achieving the ambitions GSK has for delivering excellence in corporate digital communications.
• Co-create and deliver compelling digital content campaigns for internal and external audiences with a particular focus on supporting our Performance priority and corporate and financial story, for example our quarterly financial results and Annual Report
• Work closely with the team’s other two Senior Content Managers, who support our Innovation and Trust priorities, on overall communications strategy
• Work with the businesses to create a strategically aligned and impactful digital content calendar for their area of responsibility
• Partner with subject matter experts to create digital content campaigns which deliver their strategic objectives with maximum impact and across all target audiences, internal and external
• Feedback, edit and create written, visual and moving image content to feed into these campaigns
• Lead on content strategy and editorial for gsk.com – our global corporate website – establishing and embedding a clear editorial direction and maintaining exemplary editorial standards.
• Take overall responsibility for the editorial direction of the site; commissioning, editing and curating content where needed, and editing content so it aligns to a consistent look, feel and tone
• Deliver the GSK narrative in the most impactful way throughout the website
• Ensure the quality, consistency and relevance of content
• Partnering with the gsk.com channel team lead to support the design and user experience of the site, and advise on gsk.com content updates that may need to be reflected across gsk.com country sites
• Work with channels and content colleagues to embed content workflow and governance for gsk.com and manage publication through Umbraco, our content management system
• Aid the development of all CGA communicators in the field of digital content (as part of digital as a strategic capability for CGA)
• Ensure all content within the role’s remit is user-driven, takes account of best practice and continually improves engagement levels
• Work with the Insights and User Experience team to set and track targets and benchmarks for all channels, content areas and campaigns within the role’s remit
• Ensure all content is optimised for the channel environment and vice-versa
• Establish and maintain a network of peers and understanding of external best practice
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?