Transformation Finance Risk Manager
GSK House, Brentford
3 Month Contract
Pay: up to £560 per day
The Finance Transformation program is a key program for the design of the Finance function across the organisation and has synergies with other key programs, specifically Financial Shared Services Transformation and Automation initiatives in Finance. This role will act as the primary finance risk support resource for the program and its activities in the Americas Region by assessing risk in the changes proposed and ensuring that implementation activities result in the optimal financial control environment for the end state finance organisation.
Support the Americas Finance Transformation Project team to assess risk and design appropriate risk mitigation for key finance process changes driven by the Finance Transformation initiatives. The incumbent will also need to consider the impact of wider change initiatives impacting the program, these may include system changes, Target Operating Model changes, Global Process Owner initiatives, automation projects, process simplifications or control optimization activities. The role will help the Finance Transformation project, and related finance change initiatives, to ensure that the end state finance organization has the optimal control environment, and that through implementation the control environment is not compromised.
- Provide finance risk & control inputs as a member of local and Regional project teams in the Americas Region to support finance transformation projects and activities. Be the single point of contact for the local and regional project/solution design teams for risk identification and assessment, process and control design issues.
- Partner with relevant Americas local/Regional project and Solution Design teams to identify risks and to recommend appropriate mitigating controls in planned solution design. Ensure that internal controls are specifically reviewed and assessed in any transformation solution design.
- Where controls are assessed to be changing from transformation activity (location, ownership, testing, etc) ensure that the solution is confirmed and assessed for impact on the finance Internal Control Framework (ICFW) and the control testing environment. Act as the single point of contact to the Americas project teams to ensure that the assessment is performed, and the impacts communicated. Ensure that change implementation takes full account of the need to maintain an effective control environment through the project and into BAU.
- Partner with relevant Americas local/Regional project and Solution Design teams to ensure adequate risk mitigation plans are developed for transformation projects. Ensure an end to end process perspective is applied to ensure people capability & capacity, organizational structure and system resource limitations are adequately risk assessed for transformation activities.
- Interact with key local project and process stakeholders to understand current and emerging transformation plans – understand and assess risks to implementation and ownership of controls from local/Regional transformation plans.
- Manage the governance process for the Internal Control Framework (ICFW) if transformation results in any change to finance controls.
- Review relevant policies / SOPs for newly designed/changing processes to ensure process risks and controls are sufficiently documented.
- Provide finance risk management & control inputs as a member of Americas local/Regional project teams that cover process and organization design, implementation of designed changes, and external audit impacts.
- Work with Americas local/Regional project teams to develop appropriate risk and control activities, deliverables and toll gate criteria for the project, and continually assess and develop their effectiveness.
- CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA with a minimum 5-7 years Post Qualification experience in process operations, including 3-4 years in SOX Compliance, internal audit, Risk Management and Compliance.
- Accountancy, Audit, Risk Management, Controls. Exposure to Automation and Robotics, GRC systems and Data Analytics background is preferred.
- Strong experience in risk assessment, auditing and internal controls
- In-depth knowledge of finance operations
- Experience of SAP
- Good understanding of key finance processes of R2R, P2P, O2C
Spanish as an additional language would be highly valuable for this role
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.