Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
Following the close of our new joint venture with Pfizer, GSK Consumer Healthcare is at the start of an exciting journey to bring the two businesses together and deliver a major transformation programme.
The Global Communications and Content team has the unique opportunity to connect with and inspire our 23,000 employees across the world to help deliver performance, drive our transformation and shape our future. We partner closely with our global communications network, with HR colleagues and business leaders to build our global narrative and tell compelling stories to bring our strategy to life across our global internal and external channels.
The Global Content Manager role is responsible for supporting the developing and delivering communications strategies as well as content planning and content creation to demonstrate progress towards our strategy; embed our new culture and ways of working and to enable every individual to feel personally connected to our purpose. This will involve partnering with senior stakeholders and cross functional teams across the business to create and deliver engaging communications campaigns that meet the needs of employees across Consumer Healthcare.
It will also work closely with the Global Content & Editorial Lead to build a compelling narrative for our new business. Additionally, it will play a leading role in maximizing the user experience of our global communications channels, working the Global Insights team to ensure our metrics are delivering insights that drive continuous improvement.
This role requires someone with an ambition to build their strategic capabilities, who is motivated by the fast-paced nature of our business and who is naturally creative with a passion for digital and communication.
- Working in partnership with the Global Content & Editorial Lead. The wider Global Communications and Content team, the Corporate Digital Team and subject matter experts, this role will:
- Curate content and support editorial planning across our global communications channels – including working with our Area and Functional Communications leads to ensure alignment and collaboration across the business.
- Develop engaging content to support business priorities including social media posts, articles, presentations, speeches and video scripts for senior leaders.
- Support the evolution of our global narrative, working closely with partners and business leaders to identify proof points and create rich compelling stories to demonstrate progress against our strategy.
- Lead development and delivery of communications strategies and innovative communications campaigns to support our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities.
- Work closely with the Global Communications and Content team to support additional communications priorities as required, including financial results, and senior leader activities such as monthly performance calls and global townhalls.
The role will be accountable to the Global Content & Editorial Lead and leaders within the Global Communications and Content team for the effective delivery of internal and external content.
- Role holder will need to be able to understand and translate into effective communications the GSK Consumer Healthcare narrative and story, aligned to our business priorities and strategy.
- The role is global in scope and the role holder will be expected to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, including working seamlessly with the Global Content and Editorial Lead and Area teams that are located across the world.
- This role with partner with senior stakeholders across the Consumer Healthcare business as well as the Communications and Government Affairs function.
- Role holder will be required to think and make decisions at a strategic level while also ensuring delivery of required work.
- The role requires the ability to influence and advise partners across Consumer Healthcare to foster new ideas and prioritise efforts to maximise the effectiveness of content campaigns where the role holder does not have absolute responsibility for the output.
- Role holder will need to be able to prioritise content to feature across global channels and effectively communicate this decision making process, even when senior stakeholders may disagree
- Calmness under pressure and ability to work in a dynamic environment is crucial in a fast-paced digital environment.
- Most of our colleagues interact with our content on a weekly basis. As such, our external and internal content has a huge impact on our reputation as a business and with our employees
- Role will need to deal with a high level of complexity and uncertainty and work in a highly matrixed fashion.
- Role holder will also have to be adept at influencing stakeholders at all levels in the business and across functions, including outside of the Communications & Government Affairs function.
- Global Content & Editorial Lead (line manager)
- Head, Global Communications & Content (line manager +1)
- Global Communications & Content Team
- Regional Communications Leads
- Corporate Digital Communications team
- Global Insights and User Experience team
- Business stakeholders, e.g. Tech, Finance, Legal, Compliance etc.
- Significant experience in a producing content and managing communications initiatives within a large global organisation
- Strong creative writing, editing and visual storytelling skills
- Good working knowledge of internal and external digital channels and how they can be leveraged to deliver as part of a multichannel digital content strategy (including Workplace by Facebook, LinkedIn Elevate)
- Knowledge and experience of applying digital insights to set targets for and constantly improve content and campaigns
- A confident communicator and networker; comfortable liaising with senior leaders if required
- Someone who values teamwork, who can prioritise and is motivated to work in an agile way, and who wants to leverage data and insights to continuously improve our employee experience.
- Project management capabilities
- Cultural awareness and ability to work across a highly-matrixed environment with differing projects and deadlines
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?