- Ensure a maintenance schedule adherence of at least 95% on shift.
- Take active role in re-planning routine and corrective maintenance works.
- Review effectiveness of Planned Maintenance Routines against the FMECA and updating where required.
- Take active role in preparation of forthcoming planned changeovers, their subsequent execution and contribute to AARs. Ensure compliance with defined storage requirements for engineering change parts (i.e. make sure everything is in its place) and implement corrective actions required to maintain standards.
- Review all line logbooks and RCAs at the end of the shift, signing them off if appropriate, or progressing actions to completion if not.
- Drive down breakdowns by periodically reviewing all line stoppages, utilising CMMS, Engineering Logs, RCAs etc. in order to propose actions to prevent recurrence.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives taking an active role in data gathering, design studies, implementation and monitoring. Ensure correct and effective use of engineering stores.
- Take a proactive role in EHS activities and initiatives relevant to the safe operation and maintenance of the production lines, including but not limited to, practical involvement in Risk Assessment, LOTO, Ergonomics, PUWER, Manual Handling and Make-It-Safes.
- Ensure that GMP, Quality, Health & Safety are considered in all aspects of the role. Correct and effective use of CMMS, maintaining and updating asset history to include PPM, breakdown and corrective planned work tasks, print and sign off work orders where required.
- Work with ETL and Shift Support Technician to Identify development needs.
- A recognised Mechanical or Electrical Apprenticeship and experience of working in an FMCG environment, operating high speed filling and packing machinery.
- Multi-skilled (Mech to Elec / Elec to Mech).
- Successful applicants will be team players, with good problem solving skills.
- Experience of working in a healthcare environment would be an advantage as would knowledge of Lean Sigma tools and techniques and good working knowledge of CMMS.
- DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY and CONTROLS
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity