The purpose of the role is to aid Product development teams to create robust solutions that supports major analytics work programmes and projects in PSC Tech.
The Solution Architect will develop the system architecture and high- and low-level designs based on undertaking an analysis of the user and non-functional requirements, enterprise architecture strategy, technology choices and technical standards and GSK policies to be adhered to.
To develop the Solution Architecture/ Systems Design the role shall :
- Work with the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Data Architects, Business Analysts and Enterprise Architect and Agile DevOps teams to define the design scope for which the design will be valid.
- For agile development the design will evolve gradually, and the Solution Architect must ensure that the design implemented caters for and adheres to standards, GSK Polices, is robust and can be tested and maintained without excessive effort or creating risk or non-compliance for GSK.
- For any change or new requirement of the implemented systems the Solution architect is accountable and responsible for ensuring that the design implemented maintains the systems integrity without comprising on the needed change.
- The Solution Architect will ensure key non-functional requirements for creating a robust, sustainable and maintainable solution are captured into the, products backlog and are implemented in both the solution and process of delivery, e.g. error handling/telemetry or build and deployment processes.
- Scope the impact of change on reporting delivery mechanisms and define to the design required
- The Solution Architect will be responsible for maintaining the Technical Debt registry and presenting the architecture/design for approval at the end Technical and Architecture/Data Review Boards and justifying the design approach or technology choices or process followed.
- The Solution Architect will feed into the Enterprise Architecture to help build and maintain it based on practical experience of implementing its major elements or technologies.
- Has previously worked in either: manufacturing and supply chain in a complex, global organisation.
- Must have previously designed several analytic solutions using a combination of technologies in a complex systems and business environment.
- Has experience of cloud-based solution delivery, preferably in Azure
- Has experience of using SAP data to create analytics solutions.
- Is knowledgeable in different approaches to systems design and can model representations of the system (e.g. using UML) or system modelling techniques
- Has experience of using design tools and can adapt to the use of new tools, System Architect is available for use for system design.
- Is experienced in Software Engineering and understands the full gamut of activities that are undertaken during system development.
- Is a self-starter and able to progress activities with minimum supervision.
- Is motivated, proactive, resourceful and methodical. Can work with people from different technical backgrounds and knowledge levels
- Has excellent verbal, written and listening communications skills and can explain complex topics easily
- Can formulate and undertake workshops for system design activities or specific module design.
- Has excellent analysis, research and facilitation skills and [proactively seeks advice when knowledge is needed
- Has ability to work in cross-functional, geographically-dispersed teams
- Seeks to deploy a consistent methodology and standard techniques.
- Is a team player and engages well in a cross functional matrixed working environment.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?