Supporting the Business Operations Managers in ensuring the Pharma Tech organisation has the correct processes, staffing, locations, equipment and technology in place to meet our Innovation, Performance and Trust Strategy. This role focuses on establishing the operating environment for Pharma Tech and executing the activities that track Pharma Tech performance.
- Support the implementation of consistent, simplified operational processes across Pharma Tech.
- Support the evolution and process improvement of the Pharma Tech operational management process, in alignment with the Pharma Tech portfolio and agile processes.
- Execute process and provide operational support to the Business Partners, Product Delivery and cross functional partners such as WREF, HR, Legal and Procurement.
- Operate and support the visualization tools we use to show the Product landscape and provide portfolio reporting and analysis to highlight issues and ensure key decisions are made with as much information as possible and in a timely manner.
- With product managers, ensure the accuracy of the data in the product portfolio and ensure that teams utilize appropriate methods and tools, and that value is tracked in a consistent and meaningful way across Pharma Tech.
- Champion business operational process improvement methods and approaches in Pharma Tech.
- Support Pharma Tech spend management and tracking, communication planning and execution, risk and compliance management.
- Facilitate the on and offboarding of FTE and 3rd party resources within Pharma Tech.
- Assist Business Operations Managers in gathering data to support the analysis of our current and future operational capabilities
- Support the Document Management Strategy to meet the needs of GxP and Non-Gxp work across Pharma Tech
Application of Knowledge
- Briefly describe HOW the level of knowledge required for this role is applied / used within the role.
- Continuously identify opportunities for process and service improvements; design improvement initiatives utilising operations management, change management and product management
- Actively support the management of the operating and capital and operational budgets of the organisation
- Manage Purchase Orders to ensure these are raised on time, accurately in line with agreed budget and business requirements
- Manage the submission of accruals for third party services at month end ensuring alignment with budget and business requirements
- Manage the recharging activities between Tech and other areas of the business
- Manage the timely and accurate KPI reporting process as agreed with functional managers
- Support finance manager with budget and forecasting of the group
- Actively support the management of headcount of the group
- Coordinate and communicate monthly headcount and recruitment activities for the group supported
- Communicate HR changes to Business Operations Manager
- Coordinate with the group and Business Operations Manager special projects activities related to Pandora, CW
- Support the preparation and facilitation of the Product Reviews, including the prioritisation, monitoring and resource gap analysis
- Report Key Performance Indicators in regard to business operations activities in alignment with global direction and need.
- Support the development, planning, coordination, and facilitation of all Pharma Tech Leadership team meetings.
- Communication and stakeholder management across all Pharma Tech in alignment with Core Tech.
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity