5 Month Initial Contract
Pay: up to £20 per hour (PAYE ONLY)
The role will provide effective HR support to HRMs, Line Managers and where applicable employees across a range of HR activities to develop and enable them to deliver business objectives and add maximum value to the business.
As the job holder develops theirs skill they will understand and work within the One HR agenda.
Member of an in-country or in-business HR services group and works with other areas of HR to deliver effective HR solutions.
- Assist HRMs and Line Managers in the delivery of key and standardized HR activities
- Support line managers with interpretation of HR policies and processes and queries and provide guidance in line with company policy and procedure and local legislation.
- Support line managers with general coaching and advice on Workday
- Respond to queries from managers and employees referred from elsewhere including Service Hubs and escalate to HRMs as appropriate
- Participate in and support the delivery of key initiatives for business wide projects developed by the HR Centers of Excellence e.g. ITM (Integrated Talent management), Performance System
- Promote standardization and continuous improvement across the business in delivering HR services
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as required providing input about core HR processes.
- Identify HR risks and raise awareness to mitigate risk to GSK reputation
- As aligned with in country scope and in context of the current employment environment, resolve low risk ER/IR issues
- Support HRMs with the preparation of consultation briefing packs and employee impact analyses for proposed restructuring initiatives.
- Support HRMs with the assessment and selection process for business related restructuring initiatives
- Responsible for initial engagement with new hires within GSK and accountable for following and delivering the New Hire Calls to educate employees about the HR Operating Model.
- Be a champion in implementing the Customer Experience Model
- Understands and supports the One HR agenda
- Required to work in cross functional teams as part of HR project work; matrix working will be a regular feature of the role working with HRMs, HRBLs, CoE, etc.
- Issues may be less complex, yet, availability of information may require networking across the function to for additional information to determine resolution and approach for interacting employee and/or business leaders at varying levels within the organization.
- Job holder will operate at a country level, yet, may partner with colleagues on restructuring activities within the region which requires awareness and ability to reconcile cultural differences.
- Minimum background: Bachelors Degree (HR, Business or Customer Service) or equivalent experience working within HR
- Preferred background: PHR/SPHR/ CIPD Certification .ADP Practitioner and/or OE Green Belt or Advocate Training an advantage but not essential
- Ability and demonstrated experience of working in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills and customer focus mindset to support delivery of HR solutions
- Ability to assess and identify route cause of issues and effectively problem solve
- Self starter able to maintain motivation and determination to see work through to completion over prolonged periods
- Experience exercising good judgment and working with people at all levels in the organization
- Demonstration of ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Strong analytical skills and sound knowledge of reporting tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with tight deadlines and effective organisational skills
- Has experience in one field of HR or HR support, e.g. Hub, Recruitment
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.