- We are currently recruiting an Analytical Scientist, to be based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK. This role will see you developing and performing analysis and running analytical methods using principally solid-state NMR spectroscopy and solution NMR spectroscopy, for GMP and non-GMP testing of drug substance and drug product.
- The successful candidate will be involved with a diverse range of activities including:
- Perform analytical testing, particularly using NMR spectroscopy (primarily solid-state NMR) of drug substance and drug product using established and investigational analytical methods.
- Preparation and management of samples (powder, tablets, etc) and instruments for NMR analysis.
- Perform and manage calibration/maintenance tests of solid-state NMR instruments.
- Own and manage analytical testing through the lifecycle from product development to marketing.
- Support the development of analytical methods for testing drug substance and drug product during product development
- Own and manage interactions with third parties (contractors, suppliers, testing laboratories, academic and industry groups), e.g. communication, data/information flow, shipment of materials etc.
- BSc in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals, or related scientific discipline
- Experience in analytical method development/validation for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical products
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work across multiple projects in parallel
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in technical writing skills
- Demonstrable ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to work to high standards of quality and safety
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity