HR Manager: (HR Operations)
We are searching for an HR Manager to join our HR Operations Team and make a difference by bringing focus, oversight and pace to our service delivery and projects and improve our customer experience. Come and join us and together we can serve the patients around the world to do more, feel better and live longer!
What is your Job Purpose
Reporting to the HR Team or Site Lead you will advise, support, lead, and deliver an HR & Business critical transformational project at a UK and global level. In addition, your role will need to deliver high quality, HR interventions across a range of HR activities in order to challenge, coach and enable Business Leaders to deliver the business strategy and add maximum value to the business.
What are your key responsibilities?
- Diagnose, design and/or deliver large scale, complex organisational change projects
- Understand the ER and IR relations implications of change initiatives and proactively identify solutions to ensure effective delivery of change and mitigation of risks.
- Lead and support business leaders and their teams in the delivery of key HR activities.
- Coach business leaders and their teams around HR policies, processes and ways of working.
- Respond to highly complex queries from managers and employees referred from elsewhere including Service Hubs and supporting HRSD on interventions of high sensitivity, complexity and/or expertise
- Lead on and resolve high risk ER/IR issues and implement strategies to reduce such issues and enhance performance.
- Drive standardisation and continuous improvement of HR Operational Services to increase the effectiveness and enhance the customer experience
- Be able to apply understanding of the business context and priorities in order to ensure HR activities drive business performance
- Use HR Systems and other internal and external insights and data to support business strategy and drive execution.
- Work closely with HR Partners to identify opportunities and align delivery of the HR Operations Services strategies and programmes.
You are likely to have experienced one or more blue chip multinational organisations where change is complex and fast-moving. you are someone who thrives in a high performance, high accountability culture. Our CEO Emma Walmsley is driving a change agenda that is set around Innovation, Performance and Trust and moving at pace. You will ideally be someone who can bring a healthy balance of delivery and driving a transformation to support Emma’s agenda.
What else are we looking for
- A University/College Diploma or Degree (Human Resources, Business, Financial, Customer Services) or equivalent knowledge gained ‘on the job’
- Experience of leading and coaching others to deliver complex global, regional and UK/US transformational change, building capability and reducing complexity and cost
- Ability to work in a highly complex and matrix landscape
- Skilled in process excellence and passion for continuous improvement
- Leverage systems, data and internal and external insights to drive people analytics, standardisation and efficiencies to draw insights from data and to recommend actions
- Ability to manipulate data within Excel to support appropriate HR interventions & guidance
- Strong decision making based upon sound flexible thinking and calculated risk
- Able to take responsibility to deliver against demanding projects or initiatives and meets criteria of time, cost, quality and performance.
- Excellent communication, promotional, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of leading and coaching teams to deliver complex cultural change agendas
- Has a depth of experience in a number of HR fields of specialism, e.g. ER, IR, compensation and benefits, talent management, HR operational implementation systems and processes, organisational development or design.
- High level of intellectual agility that can translate words into action
- Able to instill confidence & respect at all levels within the business and the HR community by your professionalism and effective HR delivery.
- Has an excellent track record in demonstrating the capacity to add value through the application of these capabilities across businesses.
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity