The role of the NRM manager is to execute commercial strategies to support the delivery of the LOC commercial plans, ensuring internal metrics are achieved in a sustainable manner by balancing GSK CH commercial needs with those of our customers across Mass Market, Pharmacy and Ecommerce channels. Through the use of analytics and analytical insights, the Net Revenue Manager role is to develop and execute channel price corridors, promotional guidelines, and revenue growth initiatives that accelerate top and bottom line performance.
- Responsible for LOC Gross to Net Governance & reporting.
- Executing the Fuel for Growth strategies agreed, securing alignment from key stakeholders, creating the specific tools and operating rhythm and implementing mangement monitoring to make sure G2N culture is embedded across all Sales Channels.
- Set up & run the in year rhythm/forums: monthly, quarterly etc
- Play an active role in the CCC to ensure a deep understanding of accretion and dilution to G2N, GM, Volume, ANSP and ARP.
- Highlight any opportunities for value creation across Sku, range, distribution optimisation. Mix management. Cost reduction. Investment/terms. Price,promo & feature.
- Channel Pack Price Architecture Creation and Implementation
- Conduct detailed analyses across NRM levers by major brand, including analysis of company/competitor pricing, product offerings, package variations, sku mix / portfolio management.
- Monitor success of initiatives through scorecarding and KPI tracking. Execute course correction actions.
- Portfolio Pricing and Implementations
- The Net Revenue Manager will monitor implementation of the contract price pricing corridors, governing compliance and highlighting any deviations in timing or approach for corrective action.
- Responsible for signing off all CP changes – long and short term.
- Regular CP and NN price review and re-alignment across channels and customers to ensure optimisation of volume to value.
- Execution and governance of price increases.
- LOC executor on Floor Pricing Initiative
- Responsible for the execution of the actions pertaining to the EU pricing policy.
- Promotional ROI Improvement
- Lead a monhtly review of promotional effectiveness through account clinics ensuring the Invest tool is fully embedded in the organisation to enable accurate and consistent analysis.
- Deliver recommendations to continuously finetune tactical and strategic activation plans and to optimize ROI.
Job Related Experience
- Minimum of 2 years commercial management experience.
- Ability to influence at all levels, build strong relationships and capacity to work in a matrix environment with very strong communication skills.
- An understanding of Consumer, Shopper & Customer connections at channel level.
- Working understanding of Shopper and Category Management principles.
- Experience of Promo and Pricing setting at customer and channel level.
- Experience of portfolio mix of brands at shelf.
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity