Finance Project Manager (External Audits, Big 4)
GSK House, Brentford
5-6 Month Contract
Pay: up to £415 per day
The Finance Project Manager role will support the Corporate Finance PMO. This role will combine finance knowledge, IT systems implementation and project management skills.
The role will require the construction and maintenance of a robust plan and governance framework across several projects and work streams owned by Corporate Finance LT in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Critical to success will be the ability to not only anticipate when problems are about to arise, but to also provide creative solutions to assist Corporate Finance LT to be on track and achieve their objectives.
- Providing plan assumptions and templates. Assisting work streams in the creation and maintenance of plans.
- Overseeing the delivery of specific work streams. Ensuring delivery of critical activities according to priorities.
- Managing the overall Corporate Finance project portfolio risks, issues, actions and gap analysis ensuring alignment with external projects and other project/program dependencies.
- Ensuring adequate project portfolio resourcing.
- Managing the roll out of onboarding, knowledge transfer and performance reviews for each stream.
- Maintaining all project portfolio governance documentation, as well as tracking, providing transparency and oversight of the project status to key stakeholders.
- Formulating, communicating and managing the change control process.
- Summarising and tracking actions from key steering committees and other forums.
- Outcome-focused with strong collaborative working and senior stakeholder management skills
- Proactive, energetic, inquisitive individual with the ability to constructively challenge LT work stream and activity owners and add value to their thinking
- Diplomatic but demanding, follows through on actions, self starter
- Experience working with senior stakeholders
- Very established knowledge of project management tools and best practice
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills required for project planning - can distil complex information into logical and precise messages
- Must have a Big 4 background
- Ideally previous GSK experience
- Project management accreditations
- Very experienced in project management office tools and Microsoft office
- Stakeholder management
- Finance accreditations are welcomed
- Working knowledge of external audits are a MUST
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.