Tech Transformation Finance Director
GSK House, Brentford
5 Month Initial Contract
Pay: up to £615 per day
New digital technologies are transforming the entire Pharmaceutical sector, particularly in the fields of employee/ customer insight and experience. Developing GSK’s capabilities in these areas is essential to drive our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. This role exists to drive the commercial thinking in order to execute in these areas. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the digital transformation and shape the future of the Tech landscape.
This role acts as the right hand person for the global digital and tech finance director. As such will have a significant number of ad hoc subjects to help deliver; covering interactions across multiple senior tech members, and other change/ strategic initiatives across Tech/ the GSF.
The digital, data and analytics agenda for the pharma business recently migrated into GSK Tech remit. This is a reflection of the growing perception of the role of tech, and its ability to deliver for the business.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate: commercial acumen, strategic insight, rigorous analysis, proactive challenge and exceptional execution.
Candidates must have senior tech/ IT experience OR have a proven track record in leading transformation programmes
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Provide financial and strategic advice to the global tech finance director and other senior tech leaders. Drive team to develop execution plans that will enable Tech to deliver exceptional commercial performance in the short and long term.
- Assist with resource allocation/ investment decision support, particularly around projects and capability transformations. Tech is entering a period of significant change as part of the digital revolution, and therefore are undergoing rapid change/ unknown (product/ location/ automation).
- Contribute to GSF performance through rigorous analysis and analytical decision making (scenario planning, modelling, presentations)
- Facilitate dialogue, debate and challenge with various stakeholders.
Influence and build relationships:
- Establish strong partnerships with functional/business senior management by understanding the business area, objectives, needs and issues.
- Great interpersonal skills demonstrated by creating and leveraging a network of key partners within finance and the business.
Financial management and governance:
- Prepare investment cases when required.
- Ensure proactive and effective coordination across finance teams
- Finance or business degree and Professional qualification (e.g., ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA, MBA) with a minimum of 5 years PQE
- Significant demonstrable partnering experience in a commercial context
- Experience of tech/ IT OR leadership of a transformation programme.
Key Finance Partnering Capabilities:
- Driving Partnerships
- Catalyst for Change
- Option Analysis & Decision Making
- Questioning & Challenging
- Being Enterprise Minded
- Communicating for Results.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.