Communications Manager (WREF Transformation)
GSK House, Brentford
3-6 Month Initial Contract
Pay: up to £475 per day
Role Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
The WREF organisation is small in terms of permanent employees but has a global reach and a significant impact on the organisation, leading workplace and amenity services globally as well as leading sensitive, major real estate programmes, footprint and relocation changes related to business unit restructuring across all parts of GSK.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage communication aspects and execution for WREF footprint transformation programmes as required.
Reporting to the Communications Director, WREF, the post-holder will develop and implement an integrated internal communications strategy including developing a compelling narrative for WREF transformation programmes. Working with the Communications Director, the Communications Manager will ensure that the communications are aligned to the broader WREF communication strategy and approach.
The role will partner will other members of GSF and Internal Engagement team to ensure that all communications are aligned, sequenced and targeted using appropriate channels with clear and simple messaging. There is also requirement to ensure coordination with a wide range of functions and stakeholders within GSK, including (but not limited to) Legal, External communications and Human Resources.
- Develop communications strategies and clear messaging in support of agreed WREF transformation programmes
- Lead communication implementation, as required for each project
- Ensure transformation and relocation communications are handled with the utmost sensitivity, managing and balancing input from a wide range of stakeholders across GSK
- Partner and develop strong rapport with WREF transformation programme leads and their teams to gain deep knowledge and understanding of the programme needs and change communications required
- Co-ordinate employee communication working with the respective Internal Comms Leads and teams to ensure alignment and air traffic control
- Ensure the optimal delivery of communications through the agreed channels, use judgement when to encourage self-service, provide light touch or support execution more fully, as appropriate
GSK’s Support Functions play a highly significant role in the communication and implementation of GSK’s strategic objectives and transformation of the company’s operations. The WREF transformation programmes are key to the effective delivery of GSK’s target operating model.
The role requires contact with individuals at all levels and business units across GSK and as a result, the ability to build rapport with and manage key stakeholders is of the highest importance.
The role also requires strong influencing skills and the ability to work with limited supervision. It is also critical that the role holder demonstrates strong judgement when dealing with sensitive matters and issues, as is attention to detail.
- Integrated communication strategy, including clear narrative covering bigger picture, and plans for agreed WREF transformation programmes
- Oversight and relevant execution of footprint and relocation strategies and plans
- Integrated strategy and plans for selected workplace and amenity projects supported by WREF
- Strategic communication advice to SVP WREF and WREF LT
- Cross-functional co-ordination, consistency of communications within and beyond the boundary of the relevant functions or businesses, aligned with GSK values and priorities
- Promote best practice in process change communications and build communications capability to encourage self-service or light touch support where appropriate
- Ensure two way communication process to gather, shape and measure the success and effective implementation of the programme deliverables
- Strong strategic planning skills
- Strong digital and social media skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent Listen and Analyse skills
- Enterprise thinker
- A thorough understanding of communications channels is required
Understanding and Awareness:
- Excellent knowledge of GSK
- Strong commercial understanding of the business implications that WREF transformation activities can bring
- Strong business insight
- Deep understanding of GSK’s strategic priorities, plans and culture, and the way in which messaging can be developed and deployed to maximum effect within the organisation
Training and Education:
- Formal degree in communication would be an advantage but is not a requirement
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to build rapport with key stakeholders
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels within the organisation, with very strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work in, and lead teams, often highly matrixed around the company
- Ability to deliver and present high quality communications strategy and plans
- Ability to identify and proactively mitigate potential issues, escalating where necessary
- Ability to make strong judgement calls when dealing with sensitive matters
- Ability to operate with the highest integrity and discretion
- Ability to operate efficiently under pressure
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.