Programme Manager - Continuous Improvement
GSK House, Brentford
6 Month Contract
Pay: up to £650 per day
As part of GSK’s Pharma Supply Chain Transformational ambition, we are focusing on the step change in the performance and management of several of our key and critical business processes. Pioneering integration of data mining and science techniques with classical lean and 6-sigma methodically to deliver a step change in operational performance. This programme of work focuses on M-ERP optimisation and efficiency, people capability and process improvement initiatives. This global programme is being rolled out across the Pharmaceutical manufacturing site over the next 12 to 18 months. We are looking for high performing candidate to slot seamlessly into this ambitious, motivated team of self-starting individuals leading this high-profile programme that is critical to the future success of the organisation.
Essential technical skills
- Lean Sigma S Black belt level or equivalent - Highly competent in the application of lean manufacturing techniques
- Extensive experience of leading large cross functional business change or continuous improvement programmes globally and working with senior leader in different countries and cultures
- Ability to lead multi-discipline teams at sites - engaging stakeholders and users from numerous disciplines, running workshops and sharing best practises among sites visited
- Facilitate workshops across a range of organisational levels from shop floor to senior leaders in order to identify problems and define agreed business solutions to work towards a common outcome.
- Competent in use of change management techniques at all levels.
- Ability to align the deployment programme with strategies and other priorities identified by supply chain leads, functional heads and site directors in order facilitate successful programme delivery.
- Ability to develop project plans in consultation with site teams and facilitate implementation and tracking of plans locally at sites.
- It would also be advantageous to have knowledge in data science techniques and additional working knowledge of quality systems and processes.
Essential Leadership skills
- A self-starter who can lead teams, challenge status quo and develop innovative approaches to standardise global business process.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring at all organisational levels.
- The ability to embed continuous improvement processes and mindsets, at all levels.
- The ability to plan, lead, organize and control the activities of the programme team at sites including workshops, engagement sessions etc.
- A flexible thinking and “Can-Do” attitude.
- Ability to develop capability in lean 6 sigma methodology in colleagues within the time and stakeholders at sites.
- Ability to enable and drive change and ensure effective progress tracking at sites, assessment of gaps and feedback is provided to Site Directors and Supply Chain Heads to overcome road blocks and advance the programme deployment.
- This role requires a significant amount of time spent on the sites and therefore would be expected to involve global travel (up to 30% to 40%).
- A broad pharmaceutical manufacturing experience
- Degree level education and lean 6-sigma qualification
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.