Platform & Tools Lead: Cloud
Our new interim Platforms & Tools Lead will be responsible for delivering Cloud based services across a range of public cloud and on premise platform services for Analytics and Data.
- Using data to provide insight to drive decisions, empowering us to deliver continuous improvement and innovation to our customers.
- Listening to our customer’s needs, owning our customers concerns and delivering robust solutions quickly.
- Provide transparency throughout the customer experience so our customers know exactly where their requests or incidents are in the process.
- To do this we need to challenge the status quo, collaborate, standardise and automate in order to build and improve relationships with our current and future clients.
This is a key leadership role with a strong focus on people, process and tooling. Your remit will cover all aspects of public cloud service technical development, delivery and support.
- Ownership - As we progress our offerings and deliver next generation cloud capabilities we need a technology owner to drive forward our journey to becoming a Cloud Service Provider
- Leadership – You will lead the team ensuring that we provide robust, efficient, automated solutions to support our growing customer base.
- Vision – We are building on existing development but also revising our solutions to ensure that they are suitable for customer need in Pharma Supply Chain. The Platforms & Tools Lead needs to articulate and deliver a vision which focusses on technology but equally works with our product and service owners to ensure that the end to end service delivers operational excellence. You also need to liaise with appropriate stakeholders in the Core technology teams to materialise the vision.
- Direction – As Platforms & Tools Lead you will provide the direction to the team to ensure that we stay ahead of our competitors by evaluating new options and bringing in tools appropriately.
- Operational Excellence – This is a key focus which underpins everything we do. You will be expected to ensure that our teams deliver support and service with governance and QA at the fore.
- Colleagues – The Platforms & Tools Lead will manage a team of internal & external team members and work with other peers to establish a platform service. You will define the direction, the training and development plan, set the expectations and ensure that the team delivers. We aim to promote from within where possible, therefore you’ll need to ensure that we’re looking to develop outstanding new leaders.
- Budgets – You will have input into the annual Capex & OpEx Budget and will be required to run and deliver to the agreed budget. You will review and optimise current costs and achieve cost saving though agreed means such as consolidation and collaboration.
- Cooperation & Teamwork - Work closely with technology, Transition teams and Project Managers to develop the offering and on-board new clients through the defined Service Take on process.
- You'll be a strong leader in Public / Private / Hybrid Cloud and on premise data center design and delivery who is are excited by the challenge of working in a high-performing, fast-growing technical environment, supporting a diverse range of customers.
- We are not looking to employ someone to run the service, we are looking for someone to lead us into a position where we are two steps ahead of our competition.
You Will Be Able To Demonstrate The Following
- Previous experience of overseeing the design, build, implementation and operation of a on premise and public/private/hybrid cloud services involving edge computing for near and realtime analytics.
- A passionate enthusiasm for Agile delivery and Agile governance.
- An absolute focus on business outcomes and a service provider delivery.
- A fantastic knowledge of HP, Intel, NVDIA, GCP, AWS and Azure services.
- Automation experience across deployment and configuration management arenas.
- Experience in continuous integration/continuous delivery, container and orchestration technologies.
- Delivering monitoring and alerting systems, central logging, log analytics, archive and rebuild of immutable systems built from standard templates and patterns.
- A Security driven mind-set and a security first approach towards all development and infrastructure deliverables.
- Strong procedural expertise along with leadership and communication skills.
- Effective communication skills to provide updates to all stakeholders on a regular basis.
- A ruthless approach to delivering operational excellence, productivity and efficiency.
- Strong consultancy skills and excellent motivation skills in order to meet deadlines and drive development.
- Set the behavioural & performance standards, you’ll need to energise your team and deal with change and uncertainty in a positive manner.
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services