GSK House, Brentford
3-6 Month Contract (TBC)
Pay: £295 per day
This position is a critical member of the Cost to Serve team in Pharma Logistics, which will provide analytical support to the End to End Logistics Partnership Commercial Model. This is a truly global role which will manage the relationship with an extended, outsourced team based in Luxembourg, working with them to resolve issues around freight, invoices, payments and more. You will lead process improvements and embed new and improved ways of working into business as usual operations, and will work internationally across multiple, cross functional and broad international stakeholders. You will manage complicated analytics for freight spent and will deliver this data in a clear and impactful way to allow all relevant stakeholders clear and usable visibility of the information and the process. This will require also gathering and maintaining market intelligence.
A critical part of this role is the management of a wide variety of stakeholders. This will include internal stakeholders like finance, customer services, warehousing, distribution and the pharma supply chain, as well as external stakeholders like our outsourced freight team, our finance service partners, our vendors and third-party auditors. As such, the ability to balance stakeholders and priorities is essential. This variety will also offer the successful person significant exposure to the global business, especially the Pharma Supply Chain.
Key Responsibilities cover 3 core areas, as outlined below:
Freight Settlement Service:
- Administering GSK owned inputs to the Freight Settlement service e.g. allocation tables
- Managing any GSK owned processes supporting the Freight Settlement service
- Supporting the outsourced Freight Settlement Team and leading resolution of escalated issues
- Identifying and leading process improvements around team managed processes
- Auditing and approval of the commercial model process / results
- Presenting month end spend and benefit reports to Global Customers and managing the resolution of any queries.
- Assisting in forecasting and presenting actuals versus forecast with insightful commentary.
Freight Spend Analytics:
- Designing, deploying and maintaining standard reporting processes for customers of the E2E LP service
- Responding and operationalising ad-hoc reporting requirements around freight and non-freight invoicing
- Designing, deploying and maintaining E2E LP benefit reporting
- Supporting, as required, analytics required for E2E LP financial control processes
- Delivery and documentation of training to stakeholders relevant to area of responsibility.
- Supporting varied projects which deploy new functionality into the organisation
- Responding to customer queries
To really excel during this secondment you will need to be an excellent communicator.
This will be essential in both the management of the wide-ranging stakeholders but also the management of our outsourced logistics service providers.
These skills will also be vital in working with global GSK colleagues to resolve issues and deliver and implement process improvements.
You will be a highly responsible, driven and autonomous person who is able to take responsibility and make decisions without someone looking over your shoulder.
This will need to be done quickly and effectively, as pace in the Pharma Logistics team is consistently high, but with a constant eye to quality and detail as this is a very important and complex business area to support.
This also means you will need the resilience to work under consistent pressure, must be able to delegate responsibility and work under your own initiative, and multi-task effectively to deliver this wide range of activities simultaneously
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.