Power BI Specialist: Power BI, Azure
- Excellent hands on experience in Power BI platform administration activities
- Good proven hands on experience in Power BI data model and reports development
- Knowledge in Azure cloud components like Azure Storage accounts, Databases, ELT components etc are desirable
- Proven experience of conducting proof of concepts to Power BI capabilities both at the tool and at the Power BI platform level
- Previous experience in application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident, Problem ,Change Management etc
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of relational databases, transaction processing procedures, and design tools
- Have demonstrable experience on using best practices and principles in business intelligence applications and platforms.
- Good knowledge of Consumer Healthcare business processes supported (Desirable)
- knowledge in ITIL Support Processes (Desirable)
- Provide technical management of the service within the guidelines defined by the Service Owner
- Analytical and Service Improvement Techniques
- Analytical, able to understand processes and systems and to develop strategies
- Should be able to work with Microsoft for any issues / reviews
- Ability to learn/adapt new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
- Strong communication and influencing skills, sufficient to build and maintain trust during times of service outage.
- Readiness to provide out-of-hours support if required and pro-actively monitor operations during out-of-office hours and intervene if monitoring reveals issues
- Readiness to travel if necessary
- Ability to multi task, manage and handle multiple service projects simultaneously and to the schedule
- Ensure working relationship and close coordination with offshore/outsourced project and support staff and other stakeholders
- Knowledge on ELT components like Azure cloud components - Azure datafactory, Databricks, storage accounts and databases
- Perform Power BI administration activities e.g. Capacity management, availability management, regular house keeping activities like identifying reports/datasets that are not in use and archving/deleting them, monitoring power BI Pro license usage, identifying reports/datasets resulting in capacity issues and taking necessary action etc
- Perform Power BI reports/data model fine tuning activities and improving reports data refresh/read performance, optimal Power BI premium capacity utilization etc
- Conduct proof of concepts in Power BI tool (both for developers and platform maintenance) to showcase tool functionalities in order to add value to our business both at the report level and at the platform level
- Provides Technical support and guidance in delivering solutions/services, resolving issues, implementing change requests, providing tool functionality advise to report creators and report users in Power BI solution in Microsoft cloud platform
- Handling incidents, problems, requests,changes etc for the applications developed in Power BI and at Power BI platform level
- Keep relevant technical documentation up to date (as agreed with IT Asset Owner) in support of the lifecycle plan and for audits/reviews.
- Ensure the technical delivery of any new application/functionality is fully compliant with GSK IT and regulatory standards, leveraging the full capabilities of the software to meet the business needs
- Anticipate, understand, troubleshoot and fix problems using technical expertise and problem solving skills to restore service, identify root cause and implement the fixes in solutions utilizing Microsoft Power BI tools
- Develop expertise on evolving next generation platform capabilities e.g. cognitive services, new tools/functionalities in Power BI etc
- Proactively support IT Asset Owner to develop and deliver continual improvement of applications portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Preparation of service metrics to measure power BI platform capacity, availability etc and share it with Service owner
- Participate and drive service review meetings with the business, weekly service meetings e.g. Problem management, Change advisory board meetings etc
This role would suit a driven and motivated individual who has strong experience of working in a complex operational environment. Strong people-management skills and experience, as well as a proven ability to drive performance, are considered essential. It is imperative in this role that you demonstrate an ability to drive common-objective thinking, with a complete focus on providing solutions. You will need to be persuasive, have a strong continuous improvement mindset, and have proven experience of dealing with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups. Ideally you will have worked in a highly regulated-industry (experience of the provision of complex facilities support services to a large office or pharmaceutical facility would be highly advantageous).
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
GSK’s Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) deliver the right space in the right location, and at the right cost, with industry competitive and customer focused services. The organisation oversees and operates circa 16 million square feet of space with a population of over 28,000 GSK and other staff, including all pharmaceutical and consumer health R&D laboratories and pilot plants, as well as commercial office accommodation for all GSK business units. This portfolio of property currently requires an annual spend of more than £450m in operating costs and £200m in capital investment.