Job description Posted 22 August 2019
Broker Control Specialist: Imports, Logistics
- Ensure that audits are completed for all relavent Uk Imports controls. Document issues and raisie CAPAs where apllicable from audit findings.
- Management of customs broker, controls and performance KPIs.
- Complete mandatory audits relating to Broker Controls and internal processes
- Oversight of UK Customs CFSP authorisation
- Schedule & update calendar with completed audit details
- Check data in the Duty Override report each week to confirm correct duty payments made
- Analysis of DD1723 report from Customs website for duty payments over £1000 to ensure that correct duty payments made
- Accountability for GSK SOP
- Update data required for R&D SLA e.g. time taken on auditing activities.
- Work with the UK Import Operational team to amend system data.
- Check customs date report against broker import data to ensure no discrepancies
- Conduct business monitoring of processes related to UK Customs
- Support Indirect Tax and VAT teams with documentary evidence of exports/imports as required.
- Support all activities related to SAO controls for Customs & Excise duty imports UK
- Preparation of annual Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) sign off process for Customs & Excise duty UK controls
- Quarterly business review with nominated Import Broker
- Educated to degree level or experience in a custom, duty management, logistics role or data management
- Documentation management
- Effective communication and people skills
- Data management
- Problem Solving and issue resolution
- Audit and self-assessment
- Attention to detail whilst working with complex data
- Operational excellence experience
- Risk analysis experience
- Experience of import and export processes and speciality key areas
- Effective license management
- HTS classification
- Country of origin determination
- Understanding of inco-terms
Additional information about the process
2 stage interview process, 1 stage telephone and if successful you will be request for a Face to Face interview