Job description Posted 22 August 2019
Imports Specialist: Logistics
- Provide Broker instructions
- Manage any queries related to imports process
- Oversight of Duty Override weekly check.
- Accountability for GSK SOP.
- Accountability for Broker CFSP day to day working instructions
- Update data required for R&D SLA e.g. time taken on operational activities
- Update Impatex system managed by the UK broker with product details and suppliers.
- Master file data management
- Check customs data report against broker import data to ensure no discrepancies
- Provide site information for C79 VAT returns
- Trigger requests for classifications from the Duty Management Team
- Conduct business monitoring of processes related to UK Customs
- The role requires managing large volumes of data and transitions. Queries must be dealt with daily and different challenges may occur because of this. Clear and structured document management is key to support audits that may result.
- List below any licenses, certificates, registrations, or any relevant job skill or abilities not covered in Educational Background or Job-Related Experience sections above that are required for the job.
- Educated to degree level or experience in a custom, duty management, logistics role or data management
- Documentation management
- Effective communication and people skills
- Data management
- Problem Solving and issue resolution
- Operational excellence experience
- Risk analysis experience
- Experience of import and export processes
- Effective license management
- HTS classification
- Country of origin determination
- Understanding of inco-terms
Additional information about the process