• BS and/or relevant experience in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, gene/cell therapy, biopharmaceuticals, vaccines.
• Experience of working in lab using techniques related to media preparation, aseptic handling, cell culture and analytical methods.
In addition to the basic qualifications the preference is desirable (but not necessary) that you also have some hands- on experience in some to techniques below
• Mammalian cell culture, both primary and cell lines.
• Cell isolation, characterization, manipulation and expansion.
• Cell and viral vector formulation
• Analytical techniques for cell and viral products
Scope of Responsibility:
• Responsibilities include preparation of medium, cell culture, viral vector preparation, formulation of cells and viral vectors, analytical testing of cells and viral vector as required
• Work within multiple teams to support development work across multiple disciplines including formulation development, analytical development, cell and viral vector research and development
• Implement directions from and work closely with scientists across teams to ensure appropriate experiments are completed in a given timeframe
• Execute experiments based on established protocols and provide support to other staff in their experiments
• Maintenance of laboratory equipment and critical reagents
• Have awareness of, and comply with, all required safety regulations and procedures
• Support/prepare accurate records of experiments by use of electronic lab notebooks and reports
• Support/conduct data analysis, collation of results/data and communication of results/conclusions
• Ensure data integrity
• Be accountable for the work produced
• Ability to work in various teams and perform different lab activities as required
• Good communication skills
• Motivated, fast learner and good team player with a willingness to support activities of other colleagues
• Adapt to change quickly in a fast-paced laboratory environment
• Holding yourself accountable for delivering quality output
In recent years GSK has been working with a range of cell and gene therapy assets. More recently GSK has secured a significant collaboration in the T-cell immunotherapy field with Adaptimmune and other licensing/partnership opportunities are being pursued. The progression of our own portfolio together with the maturation of emerging gene therapy technologies creates an imperative for GSK to now increase our investment in this space and establish an end-end leading platform. This will enable delivery of the portfolio in cell and gene therapy assets.
Cell and Gene Therapy Platform CMC team is a cross functional team covering cell and vector process research and process development, formulation development, analytical development, QC, supply chain operations/strategy. The team has aligned support from Quality, Regulatory and other functions. The team works in close partnership with cell and gene therapy discovery research capability (focussed on translation medicine, target biology/payload) and the therapy areas to provide the end-end capabilities required for the therapy areas.
The team is growing rapidly to enable delivery of a multiproduct pipeline and building a world-class capability in CMC/supply to ensure GSK’s positioning as a leader in the gene therapy field. A critical part of this growth will be the providing support for implementation of important experiments within range of cross-functional areas within cell and gene therapy product development labs. This contingent worker role will be fixed term full time role based in the UK at the Stevenage site and lab based role.