Job description Posted 08 August 2019
- The Regional Demand Forecasting Manager is responsible for the development of a robust, un-biased and comprehensive sales forecast for approximately 400+ SKUs, across all Vaccines Portfolio for a defined set of Markets. The demand plans will ensure that there is the appropriate level of inventory available in the corresponding MMWs/LSPs and LOCs to establish the most reliable forecast.
- The Regional Demand Forecasting Manager, will manage an additional level of complexity associated with process/system improvement activities.
The Regional Demand Forecasting Manager will :
- be responsible for driving improvements in forecast accuracy and securing as a result improved customer service and lower working capital.
- have functional alignment and comply with the Demand Forecasting standards as defined by the Demand Forecasting Director (e.g.: segmentation).
- need to support the demand forecasting vision by leading and contributing to regional projects and key activities.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Experience on multiple business cycle in Commercial Sales / Marketing / Demand Forecasting / Finance operations, ideally in a Pharmaceutical environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English, and preferably fluency in one or more additional European languages.
- Strong planning ability & able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Highly numerate and good knowledge of supply chain forecasting software systems and processes.
- Knowledge of SAP APO and statistical forecast is an advantage.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase value by raising standards & championing best practices.
- Strong networking, planning and organisational skills with a demonstrated capability to manage complex projects with short timelines.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operates the volume forecasting process within the Customer Supply Chain supporting the Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) for the full Vaccines portfolio of a market group, to improve customer service levels, reduce working capital and minimize stock write-offs;
- Generates an estimate of the sales volume (including the generation of statistical forecast baselines) for a 43-month horizon and leads the monthly Pre-Demand Review Meetings to make the necessary adjustments based on the market intelligence supplied by the LOC Sales and Marketing and/or Financial and Commercial teams and the updated Supply Plans;
- Responsible within assigned markets for the monitoring of demand forecasting KPIs to drive improvements in accuracy, bias, working capital and customer service;
- Ensures, through input from the LOCs and the Supply Teams, that there is a comprehensive total volume forecast including New Product Introduction and competitor activity, ensuring that production planning is aligned, and develops an appreciation of the commercial supply chain and the capability of suppliers to respond to changes in demand;
- Develops demand scenario plans to support the stakeholders at market and regional level to assess business risks and opportunities and to take the appropriate decisions;
- Prepares forecast inputs into the key Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) meetings, including Demand Review Meetings, feeding through to Supply Review and regional S&OP Meetings if necessary, and participates to one or more LOC Demand Review Meetings to represent Customer Supply Chain;
- Promotes a 'one number' mindset to drive business decision-making and forecast transparency / functional accountability;
- Contributes and support to the demand forecasting involvement as defined by the strategy at regional and global level;
- Contributes to strategic global and regional projects that will use demand forecasting as a lever to unlock further benefits in GSK's supply chain including Inventory Reduction, write off reduction, OTIF improvement etc.
Additional information about the process