Master Data Management – Project Manager
Following GSK’s roll-out of a global harmonised ERP system, GSK is driven to establish and drive excellence in master data management.
To do this, GSK elevated the role of master data management with establishing a VP role in the function. This new role is now in place & filled and it is set to define the Purpose Strategy and Transformation Plan and drive the change in the organisation.
To achieve the required scale of change and support in the execution a need has been identified to hire an experienced project manager with experience in Business Process Outsourcing and MDM Transformation.
The project manager will report to the Enterprise Data Management Organisation (EDMO) PMO Director to start with and will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of the MDM Target Operating Model.
The initial contract will be for 6 months with the potential to extend further. Reporting line might change within the Team in support of the Master Data Management Transformation.
This will be an important role in achieving the required scale of change in the implementation of the new GSK Master Data Management Strategy, enabling flawless execution of transformation and change management.
To be considered for this exciting and challenging opportunity, you will be an experienced 'hands on' Project Manager who has been through at least 2/3 complex change projects in your career to date.A confident individual, you will naturally have exceptional interpersonal skills who is happy presenting and influencing stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have relevant change management experience of a BPO outsourcing project and the specific challenges this will bring.
• Finalisation of Building an ‘As-Is’ view of MDM creation and maintenance processes and associated organisation
• Analysing existing processes to identify cost reduction opportunities through organisation re-design
• Contributing to the development of a sound business case for MDM transformation including:
• Clarity on what level of details required to be collected in support of BC for MDM
• Define source of data
• Define approach if data does not exist
• Delivers plan for BC readiness + reporting progress updates and progress of business case component
• Supports the design of the MDM transformation team
• Source benchmarking data for best in class MDM model
• Identifying opportunities for process improvements using traditional lean methods (including RPA)
• Work with cross function business stakeholders to propose principles for the Target State Organisation
• Lead the implementation phase including the following:
• RFI / RFP (how many suppliers, how long it will last, etc)
• Visits to delivery centres
• Defines & collect required data for related Business Case component work with BCE team to ensure Change Management in fully incorporated in the delivery plan
• Master Data Management experience with a with strong understanding of business processes across objects
• Fully operational project management skills
• Experience working in a Consumer/ Healthcare/Pharma industry
• A thorough understanding of all aspects of the Target Operating Model framework in a Service environment
• Business Process Outsourcing experience
• Proven change management and change delivery ability
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Good relationship management skills
• Good PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Travel mobility (potential but not a must)
• Has a can-do attitude that will drive to find practical solutions
Additional desirable experience includes:
• Digital transformation, e.g. new technologies experience, delivery of innovative ideas
• Experience in implementation of RPA of cognitive technologies
• Process modelling (e.g. Visio)
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?