Treasury Accounting Specialist
GSK House, Brentford
Initial 3 Month Contract
Pay: up to £530 per day
A technically strong individual is required to fill this role and will be responsible for the additional accounting requirements that will arise in the Consumer JV as they impact treasury accounting and employee share plans within the Group Controller function. The individual will need to be able to work in a changing environment and be a strong team player with a very good working knowledge of IFRS.
• Responsible for the accounting for the additional call accounts for up to 43 entities and partnering with Treasury Operations to ensure that they are set up correctly.
• Reconciliation of balances and providing information as to the monthly interest relating to above call accounts.
• Review and checking of Treasury specific rows in the Consumer entities, reconciling and advising on differences.
• Partnering with the Consumer Finance Team for the analysis and review of Treasury items
• Providing derivative valuations at month end for up to 43 entities and the requisite accounting entries associated with these.
• Managing the accounting for asset transfers as they impact Treasury for the Consumer entities.
Long Term Incentive Accounting
• Responsible for the monthly financial close and submission of the Consumer JV share-based refill awards and associated social security costs, including variance analysis to show MTD, QTD & YTD movements against Actuals and Plan.
• Ownership of the Planning and Forecasting of the Consumer JV share-based refill awards for the Plan cycles. Use financial modelling to assess the impacts of share price volatility, share volumes, forfeiture rates and performance conditions across the 3-year Plan horizon.
• Responsible for Sarbanes Oxley reporting.
• Responsible for calculation of the IFRS2 charge for local entity statutory accounts and the Consumer JV.
• Project specific activities that may arise for example Corporate Pension Accounting.
Qualifications and experience
• Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with treasury accounting experience
• Advanced Excel skills a requirement (comfortable with large Excel models)
• SAP knowledge beneficial
• Exposure to Group reporting or Corporate HQ beneficial
• Experience of working in a large FTSE 100 or similar organization beneficial
• Strong technical experience, ideally in Share Based Payment Accounting (IFRS2) and Treasury Accounting with IFRS 9 and IAS 32.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills required
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.