Partnering with Global, Regional and Local business functions at VP and LT level, contributing to the design and implementation of new operating models in line with GSF re-structure principles. In addition deliver high quality, HR interventions across a range of HR activities in order to challenge, coach and enable, Business Leaders, and LT, globally, regionally and locally to deliver the business strategy and add maximum value to the business.
Member of an in-country or in-business HR services group and works with other areas of HR to deliver effective HR solutions.
Understanding of the technical side of HR will support quicker progression up the learning curve. In addition having the ability to recognise, understand, use and manage emotions in oneself and in others will add immense value in this role
• Lead and support VP, LT and their teams in the delivery of key HR activities.
• Coaching and development of VP, LT and their teams around HR policies, processes and ways of working.
• Respond to highly complex queries from managers and employees referred from elsewhere including Service Hubs and supporting HRSD on interventions of high sensitivity, complexity and/or expertise
• Champion of end to end service delivery and understanding of key interdependencies
• HR Services lead role in design of initiatives developed by the HR Centres of Excellence, HRBLs and HR Services and key delivery channel implementation phase for either directly or in partnership, including building local HR capability e.g. ITM, Performance System
• Leadership role in driving standardization and improvement across and within business units in order to standardize, simplify and continuously improve HR service delivery and promote principles of driving work to the appropriate level (including self services) in the evolving HR organization
• Leading, identifying and mitigating the HR Risk environment, manage escalations and support the business to create a positive employee environment.
• Lead on and resolve high risk ER/IR issues and implement strategies to reduce such issues and enhance performance.
• Lead, diagnose, design and/or deliver large scale, complex and global cultural change projects, site changes, workforce restructuring, including; outsourcing, in sourcing and off shoring, acquisitions, mergers and divestments in line with the HR agenda defined by the HRBL leveraging OD expertise
• Lead and promotes global leadership, learning and coaching programs and resources, designing and facilitating interventions focused on team development
• Coach and mentors others in HRM population
• Seen as an expert & role model for HR capabilities and customer service by peers
• Be the champion and lead the way in implementing the Customer Experience Model
ADP Practitioner and/or OE Green Belt or Advocate Training) or equivalent knowledge gained ‘on the job’ in Human Resources or equivalent with a strong interest in the field of EQ (Emotional Intelligence).
Day to Day Activity:
• Demonstrated experience leading, designing and delivering HR solutions at senior levels within demanding operational contexts, i.e. resourcing, performance management, change management, consultation and reward issues, across a range of functions and job types.
• Experience working in an integrated way with the businesses’ agendas. Able to show insight and good judgement within senior business teams to deliver sound decisions and solutions.
• Demonstrates a excellent track record of translating business objectives into HR solutions through appropriately setting the direction, objectives, targets and metrics. Takes responsibility and accountability to deliver against demanding projects or initiatives and meets criteria of time, cost, quality and performance.
• Experience in leading and influencing HR teams in order to raise standards within the function and improve the collective profile of HR within the business.
• Has a depth of experience in a number of HR fields of specialism, e.g. ER, IR, compensation and benefits, talent management, HR operational implementation systems and processes, organisational development or design.
• Highl level of intellectual agility that can translate words into action
• Able to instill confidence in others and carry a certain level of gravitas inside and outside of HR
• Has an excellent track record in demonstrating the capacity to add value through the application of these capabilities across businesses.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?