Planning and Implementation Project Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Global Procurement team in GSK House, Brentford to support the planning and implementation of key activities related to GSKs impending JV with Pfizer Consumer Healthcare.
You will be responsible for assisting the Procurement organisation effectively plan, co-ordinate and risk mitigate key initiatives both in readiness for Day 1 and in the first months after the deal goes through.
You will lead, organize and manage the cross functional project teams that develop these projects, which includes Marketing & Sales spend across Media, Agencies, Promotions & Sales.
• Design and deliver complex projects, including governance, issue/risk escalation and decision processes, ways of working, etc.
• Manage and coordinate often senior cross-functional teams towards delivery by translating project objectives into clear deliverables and actionable outcomes.
• Establish best practice project tracking / reporting processes suitable for reporting at all management levels
• Establish best practice to manage issues and risks and design resolution processes
• Design and drive delivery of change through target setting, planning, tracking and reporting utilising effective change management techniques
• Identify, engage and effectively manage senior stakeholders
• Assist and/or drive establishment of effective organisational engagement plans
• Manage projects to a high standard using best practice methodologies i.e. to scope, time, cost, quality, risk and budget
• Bring an entrepreneurial mindset to bear thus maximizing the ‘Financial Reward’, ‘Strategic and Commercial Attractiveness’ and ‘Technical Probability of Success’ of each initiative
• Deal with a wide range of business stakeholders with interest and influence
• Create a climate for success in project teams: foster enthusiasm and teamwork, build relationships, reward and celebrate achievements
• Capture learnings throughout project lifecycle, conduct lessons learnt and post launch reviews as an input to future projects
• Continuously improve and simplify broader ways of working and the business in pursuit of superior results
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission.
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Business (or equivalent experience)
• Cross-functional new product development leadership experience in a consumer healthcare business or similar
• Project management experience and or qualification
• Stage-Gate (End to End Innovation / NPI) experience / awareness
• Strong verbal, numerical and people skills
• Comfortable operating in situations characterized by complexity, ambiguity and high levels of uncertainty
• An ability to map out and understand complex, highly interdependent issues - to distil simple and elegant solutions
• Understanding of all the key business processes and functions within a transnational healthcare company
• Negotiation skills and ability to influence with or without authority at a levels above and below own grade level
• Professionally qualified project professionals e.g. Prince 2 or similar
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?