Senior Treasury Accountant
Location: Brentford, London
The Senior Treasury Accountant sits in the Treasury Accounting team, within Corporate Specialist Accounting. This is a high-profile role with the key responsibility to perform and manage all accounting and reporting for GSK’s man financing entity. Stakeholders include Corporate Treasury, Group Finance, auditors and senior management
The Treasury Accounting team delivers value to GSK by providing financial oversight and business partnership across businesses within the Group. We are primarily responsible for providing accounting advice on hedging and funding strategies to Corporate Treasury and to correctly report the nature of these transactions in the right financing entities.
This role is an ideal opportunity to continue to build on previous treasury and finance experience while gaining knowledge about the Treasury function and how the Group’s activities are managed and accounted for within the various finance entities.
• Part/ newly qualified ACCA/ ACA/ CIMA
• Experience of working within a Finance function
• Corporate treasury and/or treasury accounting highly desirable
• Exposure to foreign exchange contracts
• Strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail
• A strong control focus is essential
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Working knowledge of SAP
In addition to the above, the following skills and capabilities would help you to succeed in this role:
• Communication skills: Must be able to communicate confidently and effectively (verbal and written) within the team and also with people in a range of disciplines from external auditors and other functions within GSK which may have varying levels of knowledge and understanding of Treasury’s activities.
• Ability to work across boundaries: Stakeholders may be based in different locations around the world or within other functions within GSK.
• Ability to prioritise and work on multiple activities in parallel: The role covers a few projects and activities with particular focus on meeting key reporting deadlines and delivering results.
• A high level of initiative and ability to work well within the team and independently.
In addition to the above, the role will also include the following:
1) Prepare and post all required month end journals for the finance entity. Journals to be raised in accounting systems. Preparation of trial balance.
2) Maintenance and preparation of accounting data for month end
3) Prepare, review and comment on all control files to support trial balance
4) Perform full reconciliations on balance sheet accounts providing commentary and movement analysis
5) Upload trial balance into consolidation platform and perform controls
6) Produce year end statutory accounts in accordance with reporting deadlines
7) Ensure an effective control environment is maintained with controls carried out within deadlines
9) As part of this team, you will provide financial support for certain key deliverables and operate as a subject matter expert to provide support, assistance and guidance to the business as needed. These key deliverables include:
- Full statutory reporting for the Viiv and Consumer Healthcare business over key reporting periods working with senior stakeholder in these businesses.
9) Become a SAP Business Objects Analysis for Office (“AO”) Champion by maintaining and enhancing the Treasury Accounting team’s SAP suite of reports and be a representative in the AO Community of Practice to share knowledge, understanding and support across Corporate groups using the tool.
10) Continually reviewing processes and systems to identify improvements and opportunities, simplifying and automating where appropriate.
11) Support the Manager - with financial reporting obligations relating to the Treasury finance entities at key reporting periods and ad-hoc projects.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?