Infrastructure Level of knowledge required is a minimum of 2 years of experience; Designs and implements data/voice communications networks.Ensures quality and performance of network design. Skilled in troubleshooting.Network Incident Troubleshooting / SWAT. DHCP / DNS / IP address allocations
JOB PURPOSE/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the tracking, monitoring, escalation of all Network incidents.
• Responsible for providing first level investigation, support and problem resolution
• Prioritise activities to deliver quality services to Network Service Operations customers.
• To be aware of, when possible, infrastructure events, including change controls and planned outages, that may impact the Network operation.
• To monitoring the Network environments and escalate to support agencies for remediation as required.
• To action Network related events showing either an outage or a change of status; which are identified through proactive monitoring, system alerts or by third parties:
o To be guided by triage and procedures to manage the incident; interacting with impacted technical teams and guide them in maintaining service resolution as the principle objective;
o To collect and disseminate information to Network Service Operations personnel and Customers through approved processes, in a clear and concise format (during and post incident)
• Escalating issues to second level support if required
• To ensure all incidents passed to second level support, which do not require incident management, are acknowledged and acted upon.
• To provide, when necessary, detailed feedback against processes used to improve functionality.
• To help with planned Network Service Deployment project activities.
• Providing a physical presence at key locations for hands and eyes activities, liaising with non-technical contacts at remote locations to support them, by being competent and confident to perform task assigned to them in a timely manner and acting as the escort to third party break/fix engineers.
• To interface with Management and Customer groups on the delivery of Network Operational Service.
• To be a point of contact for principle Network Service Operations customers in supporting Network services for which any impact could be of concern, either infrastructure or application.
• To interact with and support colleagues at other sites providing the extended support model.
• To provide a physical presence at the site.
• To be part of the global solution for the Network Services team.
• To pro-actively work with remote colleagues in supporting incidents and completing tasks.
• To be flexible to changes as the tasks performed for the Network Service Operations team are developed to meet customer requirements.
• Minimum of 1-year experience in similar FTSE100 Environment
• Good working knowledge of Network functions (WAN and LAN)
• Experience in the use of network monitoring systems
• Experience providing Network Incident Resolution (WAN and LAN)
• Experienced PC user with wide knowledge of standard desktop products.
• Experienced with the use of call handling or trouble ticketing systems
• Good understanding Configuration Management Database (CMDB) processes CMDB
• Ability to implement solutions defined by senior management
• Ability to follow processes, and recommend and initiate improvements to existing processes and activities.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to provide high levels of customer service whilst working in a pressurised environment
• A proven good communicator; written and verbal
• Good spoken and written English capability
• Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) (CCNA preferred)
ITIL Foundation certificate
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?